If you can not find an answer among these frequently asked questions, contact us using the customer support form
Blue Coins is the virtual currency of GamersGate. Any product can be purchased with Blue Coins. You can buy Blue Coins to your account and you will also get them as a reward when purchasing games or participating on the site by, for example writing reviews, rating games or solving questions in Game Tutor.
The amount of blue coins that you have can be found if you:
1) Log in on the site
2) Go to My Account tab
3) Chose Account Information sub-tab
There you can see how many coins you have. When buying on the site, after choosing the Check Out option, you will have a possibility to use blue coins. Note, that if you do not possess enough blue coins, the option will not be available and will be greyed out.
You can buy blue coins at http://www.gamersgate.com/bluecoins/
PLEASE NOTE! Blue Coins earned will expire after 12 months if not used. Blue Coins bought do not expire.
As an official distributor we recieve all of our files directly from the publishers, so we can assure you that there are no viruses in our files. Some security software may ring a false positive alarm though.
In order to install the game, please, try to tune down or disable your security software for the time that downloading and installation takes. Don forget to turn it back on after the process will be completed.
NOTE: For BitDefender you may turn off real time protection.
You do not need Internet connection to play games unless it is an online game, or it requires online account creation (it is specified on the game page)
Internet connection is required to install games. If the target computer does not have Internet connection or has slow download bandwidth, then the game can be downloaded on another computer and then transferred in any way to your original computer. There you can use them to install, but connection is needed to sign in and start the installation process.
NOTE: You should move the download file and the temporary Gamersgate folder (GamersGate temporary files) as they are placed near each other in order to install the downloaded games. Otherwise the downloader will start the download process again. Installation should be started using the download file, and it cannot be done manually from the temporary folder.
Yes, some games got some kind of protection. This is done according to the agreement with the developers and publishers. However, the activation limit that may be on this protection is easily reset by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any game bought on GamersGate is yours to download and install as many times as you like.
GamersGate is a download service only and does not provide retail copies of games. The games you buy are available to you on your account at: http://www.gamersgate.com/ under My Games tab.
In order to purchase a game on GamersGate:
1) Create an account on GamersGate or log in if you already have one.
2) Choose a game and add it to your cart.
3) Choose a payment method from the list in your cart and complete the payment process.
How many times can I download and/or install my games? Will I be able to install the game on another computer?
Any game bought on GamersGate is yours to download and install as many times you like.
Yes, you can install your games on another computer.
- 1) Copy the download file and the temp folder as they are located near each other
- 2) Paste on another computer that has connection to the internet
- 3) Run the download file and fill in the login/password if necessary
- 4) The installation process will start automatically, if the temporary folder is in place, since it will find the install files.
Note: Some games are protected with an activation limit, but that limit is easily reset with an email to email@example.com
Reviews are approved manually, sometimes it may take an undeterminate amount of time for them to be approved.
GamersGate reserves the right to not publish any review for any reason.
The serial key has to be activated from the same country, from which it will be purchased.
Will not work. You need to download and install the games on local drives.
Your browser is too old or it is not supported. You need at least IE7, Opera, Firefox or Google Chrome.
The links to official pages of some browsers are provided below:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Reviews must be written in English and be coherent in terms of spelling and grammar.
Avoid using any swear words. Reviews containing any offensive language will not be published.
Express your opinion on the game. Reviews containing merely a description of the game will not be published.
Reviews must be original. Content copied from other sources will not be published.
Note: You can not rate or review products that are no longer available for purchase on GG.
GamersGate is a leading digital distribution platform, providing ready gaming experiences for gamers worldwide – anytime, anywhere. Viewed as a strong contender in the digital download arena, GamersGate continues to redefine the download industry. Future strategies include the launch of several additional services, and the further aggressive expansion of its product portfolio, from a wide range of internationally recognized publishers.
If your order is completed, then the games are at your disposal on your GamersGate account.
You need to
1) Log in to your account at Gamersgate
2) Go to My Games tab
If the game requires a serial key, it can be found in the My Games section once you are logged in.
- Click on the game in the list and you will find the serial key in the right column
NOTE: not all games require serials in order to play them. If the game requires a serial key, but it is not given to you at your game page, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
My GamersGate account
To retrieve your password/username you can use the "forgot password" function on this page
and have it sent to your e-mail address, that you have indicated in your account details.
If you experience problems using that function please contact email@example.com
NOTE: Password retrieval - is a 2 step process. Meaning emails will be sent twice before you can change your password
In order to change your email on GamersGate you need to do the following
1) Log in to your account
2) Go to My Account/Account settings/Account information
3) Enter the new email address for your account and save changes.
You will receive a message with the confirmation link on the email currently linked to your account.
4) Click the link to confirm the email change.
5) Log in with your new email address.
To delete your account you need to do the following
1) Log in to your account
2) Go to My Account/Account settings/Account information
3) Press the Account deletion request button in the Privacy section.
4) Follow further instructions.
It is not allowed to merge any accounts, even if you are the owner of all of them. This s for your own security to prevent fraud.
There are several reasons why your account is limited
1) Something went wrong on your account.
In this case you need to contact our support team.
2) Your account is limited because it was logged in from another country.
Check your email to unlock your account.
3) You have multiple accounts on GamersGate
Please, don use more than one account on GamersGate. Unfortunately, if you already have more than one account, we cannot merge them.
In case you forgot your username and password, but also you cannot use the the retrieve password function, you have an option of retrieving your account using a valid e-mail address.
For this you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide as much detailed information about anything related to the account and games as possible. A good list should have:
- account username
- list of games
- order numbers
- date of last login
- date of the last order
- last game/s bought
- address, indicated on your account
- additional info - in any gifts received, any conversations made with email@example.com, bills from orders, payment transaction numbers, number of blue coins and etc.
The more information you provide, the better.
You need to
1) Log in on the site
2) Go to My Games tab on the left
3) Chose Purchased Games section
4) Click the Download button next to the game in the list of purchased games.
5) Launch the file you downloaded by double clicking it (we advise not to run it from the browser) to download the game
6) After the download is finished the installation procedure starts automatically.
NOTE: Installation cannot be done manually. It is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.
I can not download the game from my Gamersgate library. GG downloader says incorrect username or password.
1) Log out of your account
2) Reset your password here https://www.gamersgate.com/account/requestpw
3) Log in and try to download the game again with the new password.
May be caused due to proxys, firewalls, antivirus, wireless connections etc. Check your settings and if neccessery, disable what can be disabled.
The game is stored in the same folder/location you run the Downloader from. When you run the Downloader, a folder named "GamersGate temporary files" will be created and the game files will be stored in that folder.
The Downloader itself is saved to your usual download storage that you have choosed in your Browser settings.
After the download is complete you will be asked if you want to remove the files or not.
Turning off write-protection on the temporary files is enough to make the installer work properly with them.
Payment / Transactions
If this error appear, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes. Our payment providers offer several options. Pre-paid cards, direct payments, etc. Not all options will work for all regions, but if you can see it in the checkout, you can use it. You can get more information, when you will place a game in your cart. All available payment options will be displayed there.
No, Gamersgate does not save the credit card information of users. All payments are handled directly through integrated pages of our payment partners. GamerGate never directly accesses your CC information.
NOTE: Gamersgate uses payment services, provided by other companies, and we do not deal with payments at all. All is done via payment services (like Paypal, Skrill, Global Collect etc).
If it looks like you did get charged, but did not get your game, or if you got charged multiple times, contact us immediately.
Keep in mind, though, that financial organizations normally "reserve" funds prior to a transaction, so it is easy to see reserved funds as actually charged ones. Make sure to double-check if you were indeed charged.
Unfortunately it can sometimes take up to twenty four hours for orders to be fully processed, so if your game has not appeared in your library after this time frame despite your payment being successful please, contact us directly so we can sort out the issue.
Note: Sometimes it can take up to several days for some payment systems to fully process your transaction.
Yes, your transaction is secure. GamersGate protects transactions by using well established and internationally recognized payment provider solutions who takes advantage of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption. In short, SSL encrypts information you are sending through the Internet, into a complex code that no one else can read or change. SSL is just as secure, as if you use your credit card at an ATM.
If you wish to verify this, please right click on the payment frame and look at the properties. You will see that the destination address begins with https:// - a sign for a secure connection.
Gamersgate uses payment services, provided by other companies, and we do not deal with payments at all. All is done via payment services (like Paypal, Smart2Pay).
Payments are usually rejected if using VPN or any apps that can mess with your IP address. We suggest you to avoid using VPN services for online payments.
No, pending orders will not be handled and billed for unless you finish the payment procedure at the payment service web-page. In some time "Pending" orders, that are not handled and billed for will be automatically switched to "Canceled". Note, that sometimes it takes more time to handle payments, thus the game will be added when the payment is finally received.
If you have a pending order, and the game is missing on your account, but the payment was made, then you should contact email@example.com and your order will be checked out and corrected if it is necessary.
NOTE: Gamersgate uses payment services, provided by other companies, and we do not deal with payments at all. All is done via payment services (like Paypal, Global Collect, Smart2Pay, etc), and all issues concerning payment procedures and blocks may be resolved with them. Otherwise, if you have a problem with an order or games being added to your account, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be gladly assisted.
Usually this error pops up when using VPN or proxy. Please, avoid using any services that can change your IP when placing orders.
It is additional security measures on our site aimed to prevent unathorized or fraudulent transactions.
There is a number of reasons when orders are selected for manual review:
- Suspicious data in your order
- Order has been randomly flagged
- Multiple accounts from a single IP address
- Ordering too many products from different accounts. We sell products for personal use only
- Using many different payment systems in a short period of time or your email on Gamersgate does not match your payment system email.
- Using VPN, Proxy or any other tool that messes with IP address.
Orders falling within the above categories are most likely to be cancelled and refunded.
How long does manual authorization usually take?
- Manual reviews are often completed within 1 hour but in rare occasions can result in 24 hours delay so we are very sorry about that.
You can speed up the manual review process by contacting us at email@example.com
After the review is complete your product will be delivered.
Error 5 usually means that there is a problem with accessing downloaded files or writing to the selected folder. Please, make sure that the downloader is located in a folder that is not protected by the system.
Try download or install the game on another drive. It may matter if the drive is FAT32 or NTFS formatted.
This is also a file lock issue. See if you can do the following: - Delete all concerning the game, reboot - Make sure you have full admin rights. - Change the settings for your antivirus/firewall so no block will corrupt the download - Please save the download file rather than running it from the browser. - Please redownload the game (if possible, in Safe mode) and make sure you download to C: or to D: - keep the path short. Errors are mostly due either to the place you download, rights to write files there (check security software), or some other block maybe. See if any changes help you out.
Update your DirectX from www.microsoft.com.
NOTE: Some games can be run only having DirectX 9.0c version and you may need to install that as well even if you already are running DirectX 10 or 11.
This may happen due to different reasons. Some of them may be:
- 1) An anti-virus application may be blocking/filtering the download. Lower the anti-virus settings or disable the antivirus during the download.
- 2) Your internet service provider may use a built-in security service, which detects suspicious sites and checks if they are containing viruses,trojans, worms and etc. It probably filtered your download domain and caused problems to the download manager when it tried to countinue downloading.
The path to a certain file can only be long due to operating system parameters; and if you download somewhere with an already long filename (C:\Windows\Users\Example\My Documents\Downloads) for example; then long named files will cause an error. Try moving the downloader to a shorter named area, ie "C:\Downloads" and try again. If you kept the GamersGate Temporary files you can move them with the installer and continue where you left off.
Failed to sign in: A connection with the server could not be established. Check that the computer is connected to the internet and that not firewall is blocking this program.
In order to fix this error you need to do the following
1) Completely disable all Security Essentials.
2) Check if the TLS 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 options are enabled in your browser settings
(Control panel - Internet options - Advanced tab). If not,
check mark them. (Usually works with Opera and IE browsers)
3) In the same settings, try disabling the "Warn about
certificate address mismatch "," Warn to switch
security mode" and "Warn if publishing
Download a new downloader and try again.
Most probably, you have a FAT32 File system on the drive you are downloading the game. Fat32 does not support single files that are larger than 4GB in size. For instance, Mass Effect game is one of the very few games at GamersGate that has a file 7gb in size, and at 4GB of download you get this message.The options exclude any possibility to download it to your HDD now, but
- 1 - you can use a flash drive that has 8 gb space and download to it.
- 2 - you can use an external hard disc that has NTFS as a file system.
- 3 - you can create a partition or format an old one and choose NTFS as a new file system for it. Then it will be available for you to download the game.
- 4 - you can use discs, like DVD9, or blue ray to store the game, that you may have the chance to download somewhere else (since it is not possible to download straight on a CD). DVD 9 allows to write 8 gb of space, whilst blue ray discs allow to store even more.
To resolve this you need to update the Tages DRM drivers at:http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm
This usually means that the code could not be recognized by the platform. Make sure you are activating it on the correct platform (e.g. Steam, Uplay, Origin). You can use the ‘Activation Details’ section in product description for reference.
Also, try to retype the code and look for any possible typos. If the problem persists, please make sure to contact our support team.
Please make sure you are running the game with the necessary user privileges – i.e. try running as an administrator via “Run as Administrator” in the context of the executable
Please also check your system to make sure you have access to the Tages folder (e.g. the hidden folder “c:\ProgramData\Tages” resp. “C:\Users\All Users\Tages” in Windows Vista and Windows 7, on an English Windows XP this translates to “c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tages”). Usually this folder will always be accessible to any account, unless your system has been intentionally modified, e.g. folder permissions or ownerships have been changed or there are monitoring tools running on the PC denying access to this folder.
Make sure that all your drivers are up to date especially for your video card.
Try to run the game in lower screen resolution.
Gamersgate allows its user to download games of different publishers and developers. For gameplay and technical problems we recommend you to:
- Check out the developers and official game web-sites and forums for information on particular game errors.
- A good solution would be to search over the web in forums for the similar problem - you may find a similar problem that will help you to solve the one you have.
- If nothing of this helped you, then you should contact the firstname.lastname@example.org and describe the problem you have using the following form.
1) Your account name
2) Order-id, if the question is about a specific order
3) The full name of the game
4) Full description of the problem. Preferably include images, error texts, print screens and everything that is relevant and may help.
NOTE: Please include previous conversation when asking questions, that will help us to solve the problem faster. We do not answer emails at night and on weekends, so please have patience and you will be gladly assisted as soon as possible.
Installation is done automatically and it requires internet connection to be performed properly.
NOTE: it cannot be made manually. Serial keys for games are available at "My Games" section of the website, in the tab "Purchased games" underneath the corresponding game. Note that not all games require a serial key, and thus do not have one.
Some additional content require the base game to be fully downloaded and launched first.
To patch your game you will need a patch for a digital version of the game. A patch for a disc version will not work. We are trying to always have the latest patches availible in the My Games section but if you think there is a patch missing, and the developer do not provide such patch but you think the game needs the patch, please contact email@example.com about it and we will acquire it from the developers. Include information about what game it is and the name of the patch you think we need to add.
Please note, that it may take time to produce and acquire a patch, and that customer support has a main priority set to answering e-mails about problems, yet still your request will be transferred and handled after it is received and read.
If a game does not work or install, it does not mean that the game is broken or faulty. There is a large number of reasons for that. For some games and usual problems we have FAQ section, where you can find a lot of answers to a number of questions. Please do consult the FAQ section and only after trying the recommended actions from it, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt help.
Some tips to follow during the whole process are the following:
- When downloading the Download file of the game, save it to your hard drive rather than just running it from the browser.
- Upgrade your video drivers to the latest version - at least DirectX 9c. Actually, many games NEED 9c to work. Running 10 or 11 are not always good enough. DirectX can be found at www.microsoft.com
- If you run games under Windows Vista, then try running "as administrator": for that you to right click on the icon of the game, then chose "run as administrator"
- If you are using Windows XP and Vista it is better to have administrative rights on your account.
- You also may try using Compatibility Mode when running games on Vista: right click on the game icon, choose Properties tab and there will be a "Compatibility" tab with different settings
- Sometimes lowering down security/or turning it off and see if it changes the situation - it may block the execution or files or block access to/from them.
- If you have a problem with a game, try downloading it one more time, but to a folder somewhere else that a system folder - like Desktop, or C:/Program Files. Try not running it from the browser, because its better you save the file to your hard drive.
- If you still have no progress see if you can try to download and install on another PC and check if it is a game related problem, or a PC related one.
This problem may be due to...
1.You have got a demo of the game installed. Make sure you uninstall the demo before installing the full game.
2. You have patched the game with a patch for the disc version of the game. You must use a patch for a digital version of the game. If you cant find such patch on the official web sit or at the My Games section at GamersGate, please provide us the patch number and we will ask the developers about it.
3. Sometimes the "Run" option in Windows will not work. Download the file and double click it intead.
4. Network storage will not work. You must download and install on local drives.
If you need assistance, you can send an email to email@example.com and you will be helped promptly.
The manual, if there is one available, can be found in the My Games section once you are logged in. It is right under the title of the concerned game (some games may miss manuals).
Manuals can also be found in the game installation folder or the folder where the game is installed. If you require a manual for some game, and it is not present at any places described above, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for it to be sent to you.
You will receive all bonus content as advertised on our own product page.
Please follow these instructions to redeem the code and download the game
1) Visit http://www.deliver2.com/
2) Create a new account or use the existing one
3) Choose "Redeem Product" section
4) Enter your code
5) Choose "Download" section
6) Download the game and play!
I can not activate my Ubisoft game. When I click on Activate Content an alert appears asking me if I want to associate the serial key with my account. If I accept it, the text changes to Please wait... and then it changes back to Activate Content.
Try to use a different browser. Disable your security software and all browser apps and extensions, especially ad blockers and those which can mess with IP address. Also clear the cache in your browser and try to activate the game again.
Uplay login error usually means that default settings of your browser block the third party cookies. Once you explicitly allow Ubisoft website to set cookies it will no longer be treated as a third party and you will be able to successfully log in and activate your game on Uplay.