About this game
Planet Alcatraz is a 3D role playing game with isometric projection. The player travels through the game world and battles with enemies in the real-time mode. In a general sense Planet Alcatraz can be portrayed as a non-linear adventure with lots of shooting. Several genres are mixed in this game but despite that fact it doesn't stand stuck between them and appears to be a classical RPG that is based on a specially developed system.
The action takes place on the prison planet called Alcatraz. Its inhabitants are inveterate criminals that were banished there for the term of life because of their heinous crimes. The main objective of the game is to control a diversionary group that consists of the only one person in the beginning and enlarges through the game. The player has to use all sorts of resources and means to accomplish the mission that he receives at the very beginning of the game.
During XXII-XXIII centuries after the method of space warp has been discovered mankind settled over the whole universe. Several planets that appeared to be suitable for human life were assimilated. One of them - 2-4?33713/2 was colonized with the purpose of mining operations.
Just after ten years passed a three-ton fire-ball fell on the central industrial building of the colony. Considering the meteorite peril survived personnel of Assimilate Planet Yourself (APY) was evacuated immediately. Investigations aimed to bring in a verdict of guilty for consequences of assimilation of that dangerous planet lasted for several terrestrial years. This time was enough for the APY company to loose any interest for its wrecked manufacture and forsaken equipment.
Afterwards planet 2-4?33713/2 was passed to the register of Third Administration of Penitentiary Isolated Settlements (TAPIS). In a terrestrial year according to the established procedure administration started the deportation of criminals doomed to the lifelong imprisonment to planet 2-4?33713/2.
In 2507 the secret service reported that the inhabitants of 2-4?33713/2 started to build strange large construction reminding of a space ship again (this was happening not for the very first time). Observers from Control and Protection Orbital Station (CAPOS) "Cerberus" couldn't detect a thing and reported about that to higher headquarters. Headquarters decided to undertake the cheapest way to verify that information – they send five wreckers under the guise of condemned criminals. They had to reveal the exact destination and the nature of that project. This task was also final the exam to four cadets that were graduating from academy. That group of four was headed by experienced sergeant. After the disclosure of object the group had to report its coordinates to the station so that it would be possible to destroy it, whereupon they could leave the planet.
However, due to some circumstances the group was parted and the immediate execution of the mission became impossible.
- A great number of key features make Planet Alcatraz unlike other released games, but fans of such projects as Crusader: No Regret, Fallout Tactics, Star Wars: Knights of Old Republic, Silent Storm and Rage of Mages will certainly find it very attractive
- Absolutely unique universe
- Creation of the main character allows changing basic characteristics and appearance including facial animation based on LifeMode technology
- Advanced role and fighting systems developed specially for that game
- Tense atmosphere determined by deep immersion to planet's criminal world
- Modern 3D engine
- Comprehensive dialogue system allowing the player to choose the way of behaving and communicating on his own
- Possibility to influence on NPC either in moral or physical manner
- About 100 kinds of cold steel and firearm
- About 200 characters involved in dialogues
- About 80 original monsters, including flying and poisonous
- Cinematic trailers competently interlaced with the story line
- Thrilling non-linear plot line teemed with plenty of keen occurrences
- Fights and adventures with different behavioral and battle options
- Original sounds and music.