Enter the ambient world of Osmos: elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a minimalist, electronic soundtrack.
Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes. Propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you. But be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Relax - good things come to those who wait.
- Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
- Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and more challenging worlds. (47 levels, plus bonus content)
- Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you
- Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
2008 Finalist in three categories:
Seumas McNally Grand Prize
Excellence in Design
· 8.5/10 - Editor’s Choice Award - “a beautiful, absorbing experience… brilliant to look at… the best videogame music I’ve heard… will make you forget your cares and immerse you in the game… you’ll find yourself returning for the experience.” -IGN
· 4.8/5 - “I believe I’ve run out of adjectives to describe this game. From start to end, it is a fluid mass of gaming goodness… I can say nothing better than go, go now and purchase this game. I think you’ll find that Osmos is truly unlike any gaming experience you’ve ever had.” -Jay is Games
· 9/10 - Editor’s Choice, Game of the Month - “Osmos’ presentation is brilliant… gripping” -GameTunnel
· 91% - “Osmos is an amazing and highly acclaimed game that many people have just never heard of, which is a shame because it is one of the few games to offer a balance between the challenge hardcore gamers want as well as the easy accessibility that casual gamers desire.” -Associated Content