In 1986 the world’s most horrific nuclear disaster took place in Chernobyl. After subsequent unexplained explosions in 2006, a military zone is set up preventing access to this area. Stories of huge anomalous energy disturbances and strange sightings within the Zone are rife. Only the foolhardy or insane venture in. After having been found unconscious in the zone, you have become a S.T.A.L.K.E.R., a mercenary paid by scientists and other undisclosed groups, searching for strange artifacts, information and technologies while striving to regain your memory. However, you’re not alone: rival S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s, military guards, mutants and deadly anomalous creatures stand in your way as you begin to unravel the mystery of the Zone and your own identity.
- Amazingly powerful and atmospheric re-creation of a grim apocalyptic world of Chernobyl filled with anomalies, mutants, and radioactivity.
- Huge open world environment of “the zone”, behaving as the principal character of the game and offering unique atmosphere and gaming environment.
- Dynamic night & day and weather changes, impacting game-play and mission outcome.
- Enemy Threat Evaluation AI system enabling NPC characters to react dynamically to environment and situation, providing high degree of realism and high re-playability value.
- Immersive storyline, seamlessly blended with non-linear living world, offering over 60 hours of game-play.
- Unique FPS/Survival game. Gameplay focused on survival in a hazard-abundant world of the Zone.
- Gameplay combining action, stealth and survival elements.