What the developers say:
“This is your chance to be part of Early Access for Making History: The Great War. Our goal is to create a top-notch game for people who love strategy and anyone interested in this very unique time period. Please remember before purchasing that this is an alpha version of the game. Your feedback will influence the final game, so please let us know what you think and what could be improved. Muzzy Lane has a great reputation for making improvements suggested by the community, so Early Access is a great opportunity for our players to help us shape the game.
What to expect from a game at this stage of development? There will be bugs. There will be missing features and content. We plan to try for an update every couple weeks from now until the game officially releases in July. Thanks for being part of the process!
The initial Early Access version will contain a fully playable Germany.
We plan to update approximately every two weeks with additional playable nations, game content and new features. Bug fixes and game balancing will be ongoing throughout the process.
Initial Early Access pricing is $19.99, 50% off the launch price. As we get closer to release the discount will be reduced. When the game launches on July 28, the price will be $39.99. Purchasing the game at any time during Early Access entitles you to all updates as well as the full release version at no additional cost.
Thank you for joining in the Early Access program to be part of the development of Making History: The Great War. We are excited to get your feedback!
Making History - The Great War: Take control as leader of one of the Great Powers during the era of the First World War and make the tough calls on how to manage your nation’s financial, technological, political and military decisions.
Will you spread your influence over the world, bolster your nation’s resources, or attempt to build a coalition of nations? See how your actions influence the rise and fall of empires in one of the most detailed WWI strategy games ever made.
- Witness the Birth of Modern Industrialized Warfare: Race against other world powers to develop key new military technologies such as tanks, warplanes and submarines. See how these new weapons change the course of global power.
- Make Friends and Use Foes: Create alliances and trade deals with friendly nations or threaten weaker neighbors with economic and political demands. You can also turn a defeated foe into a puppet state, giving them some level of independence in exchange for their support.
- Rain Death from Above: Engage in region-to-region combat with our all-new artillery and gas attack options.
- See the War from Every Angle: Play as any nation - big or small - in multiple scenarios that highlight key moments during the Great War. Make not only military decisions, but industrial and financial ones at both the city- and region-level.
- Control the Seas: Create naval blockades to disrupt enemy supply lines and restrict troop movement or conduct unrestricted submarine warfare.
- Online Multiplayer: Tired of showing the computerized leaders who’s boss? Link up with other armchair generals and play online with other members of the Making History community.
- Make History: Create your very own customized “What if…” historical scenario with our detailed scenario editor. Created scenarios can be shared with others and played online.