Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion recreates the era of the Middle Ages. Take on the role of an ordinary captain in the Palace Guard. A conspiracy against the king catapults the captain into a situation where he finds himself responsible for the defense of the last royal province. This is all that remains of the shattered kingdom, which has been split into numerous small principalities and fiefdoms.
Now even the king himself, ensconced in his capital, is threatened by enemy armies! This is the start of your Middle Ages adventure! You must win back all those provinces which once belonged to your King!
- Lush realistic landscapes based on the European countryside
- Over 30 Single Player Missions
- 10 Multiplayer maps with a variety of scenarios. Players can choose from battles or village building scenarios
- Up to 6 can take part in multiplayer battles through an IPX network, TCP/IP Internet or a direct modem-to-modem or serial connection
- About 25 different buildings, including horse stables, farms, schoolhouses, and gold mines
- More than a dozen different types of characters including winemakers and town wenches
- Over 10 different troop types, including archers, scouts, and knights
- Instant action. On screen hints and tutorials provide easy guidance to get started
- Realistic landscape display using complex Gouraud shading techniques
- Production processes and movement of military units portrayed in detailed animation-rendered cut-scenes