With Heroes of Annihilated Empires, GSC Game World leaves for a while Real-Time Strategy historical games to offer us an incredible medieval fantastic universe. This is the most ambitious project since their first hit, Cossacks European Wars.
With HOAE (Heroes of Annihilated Empires), GSC doesn’t only conceive the game, they create a true imaginary universe. A universe that became a place for 4 exceptional races ready to jump into a war more violent than ever before on these lands. Leading one of those races, you will have to bring your powerful armies to the victory. Prepare yourself to brave many dangers, resolve numerous quests and make strategic decisions to win gigantic battles during this huge saga.
The mix of real-time strategy and role-playing games will enable the player to become a hero in the middle of an epic adventure. He will have to make his tactical decisions relying either on his army’s strengths (Strategy) or on his hero’s power (Role Playing Game). In some quests, it will often be possible to focus on increasing the main character’s competencies rather than the size of his army. In HOAE, the question is not about units’ management but about taking command of real armies made up of thousands of men that will take part in violent battles full of fury and magic.
By using their own engine well known for its management of thousands of units and mixing 2D and 3D elements, HOAE’s team has brilliantly combined the distinct gameplays of Role Playing and Real-Time Strategy games in a Heroic Fantasy universe, mixing the genres as well as the technologies to offer a brand new epic experience.
- The first chapter of the Heroes Of Annihilated Empires trilogy, half way between the RTS and the RPG worlds, by Cossacks’ developers.
- Become the hero of one of the 4 « Heroic Fantasy » races and take control of your armies, your empire and your thousands of men!
- Possibility to develop your hero and to gain new competencies and artefacts.
- Confront thousands of units on various types of battlefields corresponding to the 4 nations.
- All races are unique and have their own assets and flaws. Each one has its own units, technological development tree, spells and buildings.
- Powerful tactical features strenghtened by many strategic, military and magical possibilities.
Large-scale battles with up to 64.000 units on the battlefield.
- 12 heroes, 100 different units, 70 buildings, 50 magical spells to choose from.
- Using the 3D and 2D technologies offers an epic game experience and unique graphics.
- « Random maps » and « pseudo-historical battles » features playable in solo or in multiplayer modes.
- Multiplayer mode until 7 by LAN or on Internet.