Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a . . . lovable animal-herding UFO! In Flock, players take control of an alien UFO that is tasked with herding animals to its mothership through a variety of interactive levels. Players will have to overcome the stubbornness of the temperamental beasts (this may require the use of fear, or amorous yearnings, etc.), as well as a series of environmental puzzles that must be solved using Flock's physics-based gameplay. By finding or making a passable route, players can herd the animals safely toward the ship. Solving the puzzles within the suggested time limit yields exciting rewards. But players can also take their time to find more hidden bonuses. With a unique theme, clever humor and easy pick-up-and-play controls, Flock promises to be an instant hit with gamers of all ages!
The game is played from a third-person top-down perspective. Users take control and pilot the UFO around a series of small 'plushie' islands surrounded by water. The animals that populate these islands - sheep, chickens, pigs, cows and more - respond to the UFO in all kinds of quirky ways based on their nature. The challenge is to take advantage of these behaviors in order to help guide the animals to the mothership and rack-up points. If all else fails, there's always the tractor beam!
Flock uses a sophisticated physics engine that drives the challenging puzzle elements of the game. Whether it's using the tractor beam to move obstacles out of the way, or the depressor beam to stamp out crop circles to guide your herds, being an extraterrestrial has never been this addictive. Friends can also join in through local co-op play. And when all the levels have been completed, users can make their own with the level editor that comes with the game. Flock comes packed with so much content, the potential for fun is out of this world!
- Over 50 levels of pastoral puzzle challenges
- Explore levels to find secret collectables and upgrades
- Level editor allows players to make their own "plushie" and puzzle-filled levels.
- Two-player local co-op mode makes the "flocking" exponentially fun.
- Compelling environments complemented by a whimsical art style and beautiful lighting make this one of the most graphically-advanced downloadable titles to date.
- Real-world physics engine creates all new types of puzzles: pick up wooden planks to form bridges, move items to create obstructions, or crush wheat into pathways