What happens when the only hope of a threatened world lies not with heroes in shining armor, but in the hands of a band of misfits and criminals? Blackguards, a new turn-based strategy RPG, explores this very question. You will discover over 180 unique hex-based battlegrounds within a dark and mature story of crime, drugs, and murder.
Play as a warrior, mage or hunter and customize your character's skills as you see fit. The challenging campaign delivers a story of doubt, treason and loss. You decide the course of the story at key turning points and determine its outcome.
- More than 180 unique battlemaps provide ever-evolving and novel challenges.
- Make sure you have plenty of snacks, as this dark fantasy adventure has 40+ hours of exciting play time.
- Lead up to five characters in your party to glorious victory or devastating defeat.
- Enjoy enchanting hand drawn backdrops. They're beautiful even when your party members get their asses handed to them.
- Your choice of spells, skills and abilities determine your battlefield tactics. Aggressive? Defensive? Tactical? It's your call how to tackle each challenging encounter!
- Use interactive objects like bee hives or barrels to your advantage in combat, or blow yourself up by carrying a torch into flammable swamp gas.
- Dish out some serious damage with 40 special abilities and more than 90 spells... or find yourself on the other end and get obliterated.
Players are accused of murdering Lysander's girlfriend. Ostracized by their former best friends, they take to the world to track down the real killer. With nowhere to turn, seen as a murderer by all who know them, they join a group of misfits, bandits, and rogues called Blackguards. These cutthroats all have stories of their own. No one is particularly keen about sharing details of their lives, but all are thrust together as a dark evil sweeps the world.
Set in the Horas Empire of Aventuria, players fight their way through quests and battles, meet a trove of NPCs who may or may not help them, and make moral decisions throughout their experience that shape the way of things to come.
© 2013 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH.
The Dark Eye is published under license of Chromatrix GmbH. The Dark Eye is a registered trademark of Significant Fantasy Medienrechte GbR. Blackguards, the Blackguards logo and the Daedalic logo are trademarks of Daedalic Entertainment GmbH. All rights reserved.