World War III: Black Gold
Об этой игре
World War 3 is a fully 3D RTS game with all the features that characterize this genre. The game has been developed based on a 3D environment, so that the player can set the camera anywhere and freely zoom in and out. All game objects are 3D, as well as the terrain itself. The units also possess unique, dynamic physical properties. For example, vehicles move faster on hard soil than they would in sand.
- Full 3-dimensional terrain
- Day-and-night cycles and weather conditions affect the game and its strategy
- Easy to use Mapeditor
- Routes that enable groups to move about quickly
- Simultaneous play on different playing areas (i.e. battlefield, base)
- The ability to sell vehicles and structures
- Power generators with limited range
- The ability to capture buildings and vehicles
- Modern-day vehicles and weapons from the "real world"
- Units gain battle experience during the fight
- Ammunition limits - ammunition is automatically delivered by supply vehicles. The player must see to it that the proper structures are built
- The ability to replace units during missions
- Units are brought into the action via transport helicopters.
- Kamikaze units
- First-rate weapon system: anti-aircraft, anti-tank, mass destruction weapons, highly destructive chemical weapons. The existing weapon systems allow the player to exploit weaknesses in the enemy defense. Each weapon has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Defense systems: missile defense, decoys and anti-chemical filters.
- Camouflage and jamming systems: STEALTH-units, unit camouflage, etc.
- Electronic battle systems: eavesdrop on enemy communications, capture the photo stream of an enemy camera, computerized firing control.
- "Technology Tree" - allows research to be conducted on new weapon types. Research takes place automatically, or the player must decide which technologies will be developed.
- The ability to define custom vehicles based on already existing parts.
- Pause-Mode - to stop the action and issue orders.
- Advanced-Mode - allows access to extended unit control options.
- Ability to modify the 3-D terrain. Bulldozers and other construction vehicles can flatten the terrain, create bulwarks or dig ditches.
- Build bridges - the player can build bridges over rivers and gorges.
- Tunnel Systems- there is a sophisticated underground trench system, available on most playing areas. They can be used to maintain communication under rivers or across mountains.
- The areas of operation are littered with artifacts. These can provide money, new technologies, ammunition, unit repairs, etc. There are also special artifacts which will be defined within the mission.