Lords and Villeins
About this game
Grow dynasties of medieval families and see them evolve and interact as you build their homes, farms and workshops and assign them different tasks, duties and taxes.
Lords and Villeins is a very lighthearted, approachable, yet complex city-building strategy simulation of medieval society where you shape the dynasty of the ruling family. In this game, you don't manage the daily life of every villager; instead, you deal with whole families and their descendants.
In Lords and Villeins, you claim your title as Lord or Lady, ready to build a thriving township by managing and influencing peasant and noble families. You will tend to the needs of your villagers by building homes, farms and workshops and managing tasks, duties and taxes of families in the hopes of creating a flourishing town. Managing the economy, expanding production chains and influencing the daily lives of villagers allows you to craft a unique story of your own settlement.
At the heart of its design is an emotional journey - seeing your villagers grow, evolve, create relationships, go through struggles and challenges to shape their lives and stories in interesting ways.
- Unique family-management mechanic where you assign plots of land to autonomous families and manage taxation policies, production priorities and logistics.
- In-depth simulation of personal ownership and a market economy. Villagers manage storefronts to sell surplus goods and purchase food and material from others in a cooperative chain of production. Prices of goods fluctuate based on supply and demand and trading caravans facilitate import and export.
- Fully simulated procedurally generated environment with a complex AI that can develop relationships, satisfy their needs, daily routines and personal ambitions.
- Immersive simulation of society bringing social classes, clergy, criminals, high council, politics, servants, military and more!
- Highly customizable difficulty settings, it is completely up to you how complex or laid-back your playthrough will be!
- Character designer lets you fully customize and name everyone in your ruling family.
- 160+ objects at your disposal to build, decorate and improve your settlement.
- 53 different zones and 40 professions that can be performed by the villagers.
- 130+ resources to be used in a fully functional production chain.
- A number of domesticated animals and pets and thriving nature with wildlife.
- Visually distinct seasons with soundtrack of seasonal themes.
- Fully simulated and dynamic world with changing temperature and weather effects.