Welcome to the fight, soldier… The deafening thunder of artillery fire echoes the pounding heart in your chest as you wade onto a beach littered with the bodies of your fallen comrades. In front of you: 8 square miles of rugged volcanic island, broken by the weapons of war, and ocuppied by hostile Japanese forces. Welcome to hell on Earth… This shattered piece of land is invaluable to the United States as a potential staging point for offensive sorties on Tokyo and winning the war for the Allies. Your mission: Seize this island from a heavily entrenched enemy in what was the largest amphibious assault in Marine history. Welcome to Iwo Jima…
Join the ranks of the U.S. marines as you embark on a treacherous and chaotic amphibious beach landing, defeat a vast network of interconnected pillboxes and emplaced guns, negotiate your way through perilous mine fields and enemy bunkers to track down and eliminate an elusive enemy. Experience the story of one rifleman’s heroic struggle to survive and prevail among the nearly 100,000 combatants who warred for 36 days for possession of the island of Iwo Jima.
- Relive the storied Marine assault that landed the first foreign troops on Japanese soil in 5,000 years. Scenarios and missions are drawn from actual events.
- 10 levels of exciting single player campaigns full of ambient events such as mortar explosions, overhead aircraft and warning sirens that create a truly immersive experience.
- Use authentic WWII weaponry including KA-BAR Fighting Utility Knife, M1911 .45 Colt, M1 Garand, M1903A4 Springfield, Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR), M1 Thompson Submachine gun (“Tommy” Gun), Mk2 Pineapple Grenade and the M2-2 Flamethrower.
- Extreme Multiplayer Action with up to 16 players on Xbox Live or system link, 4 player split screen and Internet (PC)
- 10 Expansive Multiplayer Maps including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, Capture the Flag, VIP Escort, & Last Man Standing
- Fully featured bots, with adjustable difficulty levels, for online multiplayer and training modes.
Why to Buy:
- Developed by Direct Action Games, founded by the creators of the best-selling SPEC OPS series and Combat: Task Force 121 – using the UNREAL™ 2 game engine WWII Combat: Iwo Jima is the 3rd in a series of value-priced FPS from Direct Action Games (Zombie Studios).