IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING MULTIPLAYER GAMING : Atari doesn't maintain active servers for this game anymore. However, multiplayer gaming on local networks is still possible.
In Tactical Ops: Assault on Terror, you are cast into the deadly world of counter terrorism. Powered by the award-winning Unreal engine, this game will is not for the weak of heart. You are a member of the elite Special Forces unit. You must stop terrorists from killing hostages and escaping. You can also try a different perspective and play as a terrorist, where you hunt down Special Forces units to try and prevent them from rescuing hostages. In the performance round, teams are awarded cash. This money can buy new weapons, items, and inventory.
- Constant Life or Death Action: the main strategy in Tactical Ops is to stay alive. Every doorway you walk through could be a trap and every corner you turn could be your last.
- Real Life Weapons, Real Life Situations: each of the 29 different maps places you in a realistic environment (Train Station, Mountain Village), arms you with standard military issue and puts you in a scenario covert military forces encounter every day.
- An Arsenal of the Best Money Can Buy: upgrade your gear by purchasing more powerful machine guns, sniper rifles, bullets, body armor, grenades and more...
- Work as a Military Team: providing cover and guarding doorways keep fellow team members alive and adds to the realism of a true tactical operation.
- Play With Thousands On-Line: the computer keeps track of your military statistics (# of kills, # of times killed) and in the end declares one team the winner.