Stronghold 2: Steam Edition allows players to experience true ‘castle life’ gameplay. Entertain your subjects or rule with an iron fist, dispensing medieval justice to overworked and malnourished peasants. With powerful barons jostling for power over a disintegrating kingdom, it is up to you to stem the tides of ambition and unite the land under the one true King! With an intricate economy, siege warfare, crime and punishment systems and classic medieval events, this highly anticipated sequel to the award-winning Stronghold comes packed with new additions to classic Stronghold gameplay.
Building on the sim gameplay of the original Stronghold, Stronghold 2 allows players to rule as they please and still conquer each skirmish. Unhappy peasants turn to crime and must be punished, rival lords can raise entire armies on their title alone and sieges must be fought tooth and nail, with close combat taking place inside castle structures! Stronghold 2 Online extends this gameplay to competitive multiplayer for up to eight players over Steam, with offline skirmish mode also available against computer-controller opponents.
Created exclusively for Steam, Stronghold 2: Steam Edition comes with Steam multiplayer support, achievements, a new map pack, digital art book, soundtrack and trading cards. The Steam Edition also updates Stronghold 2 with full Steam Workshop integration, allowing to you easily create and share custom maps with friends. Recreate iconic real-life castles, battlegrounds from medieval history and scenes from your favourite fantasy epic!
- Stronghold Reforged – Enjoy Steam multiplayer, Workshop, achievements, visual enhancements, new maps and more!
- Rule as You Desire – Rehabilitate or simply execute thieving peasants using everything from gibbets to gallows!
- Simulate Castle Life – Duel inside buildings, hold lavish banquets or build a war economy and lay siege to rival lords.
- Take the Crown – Gain Honour by title, strategy or force and dominate the new ‘Kingmaker’ skirmish mode.
- Craft Custom Maps – Create and share custom scenarios via Steam Workshop using the in-game map editor.
- Besiege Your Friends – Battle up to eight players online in Kingmaker and Deathmatch game modes.
©2018 FIREFLY STUDIOS LIMITED. All rights reserved. Stronghold 2 and FIREFLY STUDIOS LIMITED are trademarks or registered trademarks of FIREFLY HOLDINGS LIMITED.