“Sengoku offers a quality, and unique, gaming experience for players looking to take up their katana and fight with honor and courage… or take up their quill and plot with skillful deceit.”
A deep character driven strategy game set in 16th century Japan.
Play as a Japanese nobleman and unite the land of the Rising Sun under your iron fist. Use your military might, your smooth talking tongue, and your guile to increase your power.
Watch your enemies fall like cherry blossoms in the early dawn of spring. Doublecross your enemies in an honorable and auspicious manner.
Always make sure you have competent heir, if you should die before your destiny has been reached.
- Play as a Feudal Japanese Lord and manage your relations with family, friends and enemies.
- Rise in influence and power inside your clan and then move on to claim the ultimate prize, the control of Japan.
- Conquer and grow while rewarding your most valued retainers as you make a bid to become Shogun.
- Detailed historical map of Japan, divided into over 350 different provinces, during the Warring States era.
- Manage your relations with three different religious factions, the Shinto, the Christians and the Buddhists.
- Employ the aid of powerful Ninja clans when your Samurai armies are not enough.
Digitally Downloaded Score: 4.5/5
“...this is one of those great strategy games where you can start playing at night, and then look over to the window to find daylight streaming in.”
RTS Guru Score: 8/10
”If you are willing to sink a hour or so into learning the game there is a surprisingly short learning curve for the basics that will have you scheming and plotting your way to power! “
Dark Star Matryx Score: 4/5
“In the end I highly recommend this game to serious strategy gamers”
Game Shark Score: B+
”Overall the game is polished, the map is gorgeous, and the emphasis on goals other than war is a refreshing change from the vast majority of strategy titles out there.”
The Reticle – Verdict: On Target
“The strategy and setting in the game is enjoyable, design and graphics attractive although simple and winning wars against rival clans satisfying.”