Rise of Flight is the most realistic WWI PC flight simulation ever created. Take to the skies of war torn Europe and experience daring air combat at the dawn of aviation. Re-enact famous air battles fought by legendary aces such as Manfred von Richtofen, James McCudden, Georges Guynemer and Eddie Rickenbacker. Rise of Flight transports you to a time when courageous pilots fought each other for control of the sky high above the bloody trenches. In aircraft made of canvas and wood they battled to the death. While some survived to become legends, most met a fiery fate. Do you have the skills and the courage to become an Ace?
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition includes all the features which made the original Rise of Flight an award winner including one of the Best 100 games of All Time from PC Gamer and the Platinum Award from PC Pilot magazine. You’ll experience a cutting edge flight-sim experience such as advanced flight-models, adjustable difficulty settings, a complex physics engine and an industry leading progressive damage model. And don’t forget the gorgeous graphics, awesome special effects, beautiful 3D models, detailed terrain and challenging artificial intelligence. Rise of Flight Channel Battles Edition has something for every flight-sim fan, from single player campaigns to multiplayer dogfights, but one thing is for certain, the aerial combat in intense and brutal!
Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition is just the beginning of your adventure. There are more than twenty new flyable aircraft available for purchase along with additional content from the Steam store in the form of Booster/Content Packs. The Booster/Content Packs include not only airplanes, but other helpful items such as Field Modifications and Weapon Modifications for your aircraft which can help you be a more effective combat pilot. The Rise of Flight universe continues to expand with new flyable aircraft and game updates added on a regular basis. The Rise of Flight sky knows no limit.
Modes of Gameplay
Quick Mission Builder – The Quick Mission Builder (QMB) allows you to create a combat encounter very quickly. Simply select the parameters of fight using our easy to use interface. You can select the location, planes, weapons, skins, altitudes, wind, clouds and weather. You can also select from three different types of engagements – Skirmish, Survival and Duel.
Missions – These are custom stand-alone single missions you can fly to hone your combat skills. You can choose from Free Flight and Scenarios. The available missions are connected to the planes available for you to fly. Missions for the SPAD 13, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII, Fokker DR.1, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and Felixstowe F.2a.are included.
Campaign – These are scripted campaigns designed to tell an immersive story. There are three campaigns available- Hat in the Ring, Du Doch Nicht and Training. Flying the campaigns is a good way to practice your combat skills before you venture into a pilot career.
Pilot Career – A pilot career allows you to choose from many different squadrons and fly historically based mission types throughout the war. You can choose what squadron you fly for and the date you start. You can also choose a biography for the pilot and starting rank. As you progress through the career, you will earn promotions in rank and earn medals for your bravery and skill. The career mode includes dynamic elements and no two missions are exactly the same. You’ll face historically accurate enemy squadrons and occasionally encounter deadly enemy aces in combat. If you survive long enough, you can become the squadron leader and take charge of daily pilot assignments and mission planning.
Multiplayer – ROF has a robust MP environment with a built in server browser. You can join MP matches easily or you can join simply to be a spectator. There are several types of multiplayer matches including Cooperative (CO-OP), Dogfight (TDM) and Objective Based (CTF). Each type of server has different goals and rules. The server locator screen can help you determine which match is best for you. It lists the server’s description, mission rotation, players, ping, location and difficulty settings. Once you join a match you can fly a single seat fighter or bomber. You can also fly as a machine gunner on a multi-crew aircraft such a bomber or recon plane. The choice is yours.
- Fly the SPAD 13, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII, Fokker DR.1, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and the legendary Felixstowe F.2a.
- Patrol over the Channel Map which includes Northern France, Southern England and the Flanders area of Belgium with realistic coastlines, villages and ports.
- New Pilot Career over the Channel Map and Special “Channel Battles” mission-set are included featuring the gigantic Felixstowe F.2a flying boat.
- Advanced graphics featuring High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting, blinding sun glare, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, dark moonlit nights with stars and realistic looking raindrops and oil splatter on pilot goggles.
- G-effects with blackout, red out and wounded pilot effects featuring blood splatter, ringing ears and control difficulty.
- Practice teamwork with by manning additional Gunner Positions. You get unlimited access to multi-crew airplanes in Multiplayer matches. Protect your plane’s six o’clock!
- Fly in Online Multiplayer servers. MP modes include Dogfight and CO-OP. Search for multiplayer servers with a built-in server browser.
- New Leaderboards - Every Rise of Flight user has a unique user account and our system can track your multiplayer combat statistics if you choose to fly on special servers. On the Rise of Flight website there is a Leaderboard that lists the best ROF pilots throughout the world. The leaderboard displays many interesting statistics about your deadliest enemies. And you can see how you performed in your MP matches. If your stats aren’t impressive it’s ok. Just keep practicing!