Launching on Early Access, Purgatory: War of the Damned is a fast-paced multiplayer FPS game Use a multitude of spells with a variety of effects to destroy your enemies.
Participate in duels, team battles or free-for-alls in the mysterious realm of purgatory, where all arenas have a history, which chains them to this world.
Take on the role of souls cast into purgatory and wage eternal battle to absorb the souls of the fallen, thus increasing power and dominance.
Spells are categorised into 'Schools' of magic - Arcane, Elemental, Light and Dark.
- Destroy enemies with multiple spells, items and abilities
- Purchased additional spells or collect random spells spawned during matches
- Increase character power with magic affinity and items
- Multiple maps for multiplayer mayhem in various match types
- Day/night cycle in appropriate maps
- Diverse fantasy environments
About the Early Access launch build
Putting a game on early access gives the developer a chance to receive invaluable feedback on certain functions of the game and the current direction the game is taking.
Purgatory: War of the Damned is in alpha stage, and as such, those who purchase it need to be aware they may encounter bugs, glitches and incomplete content. However, in exchange for purchasing this Early Access game, the player will get to be a part the journey from alpha to full release.
Currently, all players start with a default spell and can pick up a variety of different spells in the maps.
There are four maps in total - two for duels, and the other two for 4 player matches, delivering 1v1, 2v2 and 4 player free-for-all game modes, with larger number possibilities on the way when we create larger maps.
Players can currently gain affinity points, by using spells that are in a certain school, for example:
- Fireball – elemental
- Devour mana - Arcane
Increasing your affinity with a school will increase the damage you deal with that school's spells, as well as your resistance to them.
The players also gain levels and soul fragments, which will pay a large part in the shop when implemented.
The Early Access build also features a taster of the traps that are planned e.g. players can be launched into spiked walls for insta-kills with spells that have knockback abilities.
In addition to regular bug fixing updates, expect to see the following additions added to future builds:
- A shop to purchase new armour, weapons and spells, as well as multiple miscellaneous items to increase your powers or abilities.
- New modes which will vary greatly from standard death match, new and more complex maps and much more.