October Night Games is a digital tabletop game for 1-6 players about a battle between two mysterious and magical cults to decide the fate of the world on Halloween night. One side is attempting to summon the Great Old Ones, while the other is trying to stop them. Pick your cultist and choose a cat, snake or another animal to act as your mystical familiar. All based in the same small village, you won’t know which side everyone is on until the final Halloween showdown.
Until then, each of you must conduct dastardly rituals, mix dread potions and survive both the town folk and unholy monsters to succeed. A procedurally generated narrative guarantees plenty of hexcellent thrills and scares.
Each playthrough promises tension, intrigue and plenty of hexes. Are you ready to try your hand at the Great Game?
- Literary inspirations. Roger Zelazny, H.P. Lovecraft, Abraham Merrit, Bram Stocker, Albert Bloch, and many others influenced our game's procedurally generated narrative.
- Dastardly characters: Pick your own character, ranging from a mad monk to vampires, witches and more. Each packs unique abilities such as astral projection and the ability to drain life.
- An Eldritch pet: Select your familiar, such as a loyal dog, a gossiping bat or a grass snake with the gift of alchemy.
- Social deduction: Work out who is friend or foe. Each side will have its one wand Holder, Book Master and Lamp Bearer.
- Multiple locations: Travel the town, graveyard and hollow, looking for cursed ingredients for your brews and rituals.
- Summon horrors: Call on Cthulhu and beings even more inscrutable with your rituals.
- Make magic: Experiment with alchemy and craft new, more deadly potions using a challenging but accessible brewing mechanic.
- Cursed combat: Fight off ghouls and angry townsfolk using a unique dice combat system, and perhaps even capture a minion or potential sacrifice.
- Stay alive: Keep your health, sanity and reputation intact - or there will be terrible consequences.
- Solo and multiplayer: Mix of competitive and cooperative play, hex your enemies and aid those you believe to be on your side.
- Atmospheric: Enjoy vintage hand-tinted silent movie aesthetics and an old school horror style soundtrack.
- Multiple replays: the combination of characters, familiars and allegiances is randomly generated with each game, along with the procedurally generated story.