Sauron has returned, and no mortal can stand in his path.
In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition players become Talion, a Gondorian Ranger of the Black Gate who is slain alongside his family on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor. Resurrected from death and inextricably linked to a Wraith Spirit, Talion ventures on a quest of vengeance and discovery to unearth why he has been denied the peace of death. Players uncover the mystery behind the Spirit that compels him, discover the origins of the Rings of Power and confront their ultimate Nemesis. The game introduces the innovative Nemesis System, through which every enemy encountered in Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition is procedurally generated and unique to each player, from appearance, to personality type, to strengths and weaknesses, to distinct enemy missions. Players will use Talion’s Wraith powers to manipulate and corrupt the wills of enemy Uruks and gain power to raise their own army in order to match Sauron’s forces on the field of battle.
- Inflict brutal combos with your sword, dagger and magical Wraith powers in dramatic, free-flowing melee combat.
- Enter the ghostly Wraith world to reveal things invisible to mortal eyes, dominate enemy minds and bring down Uruks with deadly ranged attacks.
- Dismantle Sauron’s forces from within as you kill or control Nemeses whose appearances, fears and abilities develop as a result of each encounter.
- Harness Talion’s free-running abilities to scale the cliffs, abandoned fortresses and Uruk strongholds scattered across the volcanic wastes of Udûn and the lush plains of Núrn.
- Engrave runes on your sword, dagger and bow to bind them with Elven magic, and use your experience to learn devastating attacks and wield Wraith powers.
- Take on diverse combat challenges, liberate slaves, hunt wild beasts and collect ancient artefacts to discover Mordor’s secrets.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – Game of the Year Edition contains all DLC previously released for the game, including the Lord of the Hunt and Bright Lord story missions, the Trials of War challenge series, and all the Warband missions, Runes and Skins.
MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION © 2014 – 2015 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Originally developed by Monolith. Developed for and published on Linux and Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. © 2014 – 2015 New Line Productions, Inc. © The Saul Zaentz Company. MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR, THE HOBBIT, and the names of the characters, items, events and places therein are trademarks of The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Powered by Wwise © 2006 – 2015 Audiokinetic Inc. All rights reserved. This software product includes Autodesk® Scaleform® software, © 2014 – 2015 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved. Uses Havok™ © Copyright 1999 – 2015 Havok.com Inc. (and its Licensors). All rights reserved. See www.havok.com for details. Portions of this software utilize SpeedTree®RT Technology © 2014 – 2015 Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. All rights reserved. Monotype is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. The Monotyope Imaging logo is a trademark of Monotype Imaging Inc. and may be registered in certain jurisdictions. Agent movement powered by PathEngine™ - www.pathengine.com. Tengwar Annatar © Johan Winge. Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. DTS and the DTS Symbol are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. and DTS Digital Surround is a trademark of DTS, Inc. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. WBPlay, MONOLITH LOGO, WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.