Medieval Engineers Major Update 0.6: Mechanical Blocks live now!
- Mechanical blocks!
- New planet with unique biomes and additional resources!
- Research quests
- Improvements for animations and performance!
Medieval Engineers Deluxe Edition includes:
Support the developers by getting bonus digital content. The Deluxe edition includes the standard Medieval Engineers Early Access game plus the game’s Digital Soundtrack.
The Soundtrack consists of 21 tracks that have a total time of one hour.
Medieval Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Players build cities, castles and fortifications; construct mechanical devices and engines; perform landscaping and underground mining.
The game is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and history and doesn't use any technologies that were not available in the 5th to 15th centuries.
Medieval Engineers concentrates on construction aspects, but can be played as an action game too. We expect players to avoid engaging in direct man-to-man combat and instead use their creativity and engineering skills to build war machines and fortifications. Medieval Engineers shouldn’t be about troops; it should be about the machinery you build.
Medieval Engineers is the second “engineering” game developed by Keen Software House. The first one is Space Engineers, which sold over 1 million copies in its first year and is still a bestseller.
Medieval Engineers is an Early Access game, which means that it is released while being under development but is already in a very playable state and contains a vast amount of features. The game is being improved on a regular basis through updates that add and polish features and content, optimizations and bug fixes.
- Game modes
- Creative - unlimited resources, instant building, invulnerability, levitation
- Survival - this mode is work-in-progress and only death/respawn has been implemented
- Creative and survival mode with your friends
- Cooperative: build together with your friends, protect your castles/cities from barbarian raids
- Competitive: battle against other players
- Privacy customization: offline, private, friends only, public
- Max 16 players (this may increase in the future)
- Dedicated servers - players can connect to a third party host, rather than using a player-host, in a peer-to-peer set-up. The result is a faster connection and a more fluid multiplayer performance with less lag
- Barbarians - first prototype of enemy AI
- Peasants - first prototype of friendly AI. Able to pick up stones and move them to his spawn position.
- First-person & Third-person
- Voxel hand – shape the terrain and its material (right now only creative mode voxel hand is implemented)
- Block types
li>Building blocks - stone walls (various shapes - from blocky to rounded), wooden walls and flooring, roofs (ceramic, thatched, hay), power source blocks (manual human labor), stored energy blocks (torsion spring), leverages, weights, swings, ropes, wooden beams of various length and shape
- Small: 0.25 meter (25 centimeters)
- Large: 2.5 meters
- Dynamic: can be used to construct carriages and machinery that is supposed to be moved around
- Static: immovable and connected to earth; if a heavy load breaks its structural integrity it cracks and unsupported parts become dynamic
- Realistic physics – structural integrity, destructible objects (everything: from blocks to terrain), real proportions, volume, mass, storage capacity, integrity
- Steam Workshop – share your creations with the Community
- Modding - world files, 3D models, textures, shaders, API (scripting in-game objects in C#)
- 32-bit & 64-bit – 64-bit version expands the amount of objects and blocks (almost unlimited) and terrain
- World management – “save as” to multiple copies, auto-save every 5 minutes (can be turned on/off), edit world settings
MORE TO BE ADDED LATER
Please be sure to read the list of current features before you buy the game. It will give you an insight on what is or isn't actually working: http://www.medievalengineers.com/features.html
Medieval Engineers is in development and undergoing frequent optimizations. The performance will get better. The performance depends on the complexity of your world and the configuration of your computer. Simple worlds run smoothly even on low-end computers, but a more complex world with rich object interactions could overload even high-end computers. Minimum requirements represent the bare minimum to run simple scenes and don’t guarantee a perfect experience.
System Requirements: http://www.medievalengineers.com/system-requirements.html
Medieval Engineers® and VRAGE™ are trademarks of KEEN SWH LTD.