Harbinger is a single-player action / RPG set in a fantastic science fiction universe. As one of three distinct character types, players explore the world of Harbinger – journey to the far reaches of space, battle unique foes never before seen in any medium, discover powerful new weapons and alien technologies, and uncover the dark secrets buried within the massive starship’s steel walls.
Under the Overlord’s ruthless control, Harbinger’s shadow has fallen across countless worlds. Ravaged by endless conflict, the lumbering war machine carries her scars like trophies. Where lesser ships have fallen, Harbinger stands: a monument to her master’s destructive appetites.
But within her cold walls the old alliances are fracturing. Today, the Overlord’s dominance is threatened from all corners. The corruptive Vantir, first and oldest aboard Harbinger, continue to spread like a rampant infection throughout the ship. The tribal Scintilla, placated for decades with false promises and half-truths, are once again rising to take the blood oaths of their ancestors. But it’s the newcomers that pose the greatest threat here. The bug-like Cimicidae have arrived and with them a wave of change that threatens to rip this ship apart.
That is where you come in. A member of a small raider community, these corridors are the only home you’ve known. Living on scraps with enemies on all sides. Death is always a misstep behind. Sometimes you do the Overlord’s dirty work. Sometimes you do your own. We live by unspoken laws down here and the bloodhungry are never far behind. This is your destiny. The choices you make now will effect everything from here on. Choose wisely.
• Unique science fiction setting. Nothing in Harbinger has been seen before in books, on television or in movies.
• Unmatched artistic detail. Harbinger's character and background animations are pushed to unparalleled extremes.
• Easy to use interface. Harbinger's interface has been streamlined to be attractive to the mainstream gamer.
• Event-driven storyline with each game lasting between twenty and twenty-five hours. The player's actions drive the story, so no two games of Harbinger will unfold in the same manner.
• Highly interactive environments. Harbinger's hostile world can be effectively manipulated to overcome its many obstacles.
• Advanced graphics engine. Harbinger uses 3D acceleration to support advanced particle effects, colored lighting and highly detailed, runtime anti-aliased characters.
• Unpredictable AI. Harbinger's enemies patrol realistically, interact with the background, react to threats believably and don't simply wait for the player to attack.
• Over seventy levels built from five large and diverse tile sets.
• Over sixty-five unique enemies including six extremely challenging bosses.
• Three playable characters complete with unique strengths, weaknesses, equipment and play-styles.
• Over two hundred fifty items for the players to find and use. These include upgradable guns, blades, gauntlets, mines, amplifiers, and cameras that can be used to defeat Harbinger's many enemies.
• Dynamic non-player characters. NPCs in Harbinger have their own drives and personalities that cause them to affect the world in meaningful ways.