Europa Universalis is a historical strategy game simulating all aspects of world history from 1419 to 1820. Each player takes on the role of one of the major nations of the era, controlling diplomacy, economy, warfare, exploration and colonization. A number of unique features ensure historical accuracy, including period monarchs, military leaders, and technological gains.
It is the year 1419 - the time of Great Explorations. As leader of one of the world's great nations you will change the world and create history. It is a time of great change that the world has never seen before, continents are waiting to be discovered, conquered and colonized, a New World is rising and the old is torn apart by conflict and war.
In a time of enormous hunger for power, honor and wealth it is your destiny to rule your country, accept new challenges, mobilize troops, build amazing cities and exploit your resources. The skilled will gain wealth; the less fortunate can expect poverty, famine and diseases. Do you have what it takes to change the course of world history?
Europa Universalis II is the sequel to one of the greatest strategy games ever made - Europa Universalis. It invites you to a global struggle for supremacy from the dark times of Jeanne D'Arc to the flaming wars of Napoleon. As the leader of a country you have to guide domestic and foreign policies. Engage in religious struggles, set up expeditions to claim the New World, lead your country to prosperity and victory. Send your Privateers to roam the seven seas, muster mercenaries to bolster your defences, and send missionaries to convert infidels to your State Religion. Interact with true historical events and persons to determine which path your nation will take in the game. The new game includes an elaborate and expanded system for diplomacy, trade, military might and development. It also includes new graphics, music, sound, manual and a new tutorial system to lower the learning curve.
Time and Space Europa Universalis II features more than 180 countries; all of them are playable and annexable. The map has been expanded to include 120 new provinces for enjoyable playing. It also includes many non-European countries such as China, Great Zimbabwe and the Cherokees. The player can also easily design new countries and scenarios. The jewel of Europa Universalis II is the Grand Campaign starting in 1419 and ending in 1820.
- 90 different nations potentially player controlled. Powerful AI with human behavior controls non-player nations
- Choose between 9 scenarios including a Grand Campaign Game encompassing 300 years. Over 500 different historical missions and a dynamic system generating countless of exciting missions ensure many hours of game play!
- 200+ different historical events that potentially affects the outcome of your actions
- A truly unique game in magnitude, size and setting
- 800+ named provinces, 550+ named sea zones and 100+ named rivers on a map covering the entire globe!
- The real-time game can be set to pause at any time or any given event to give players time to plan ahead, thereby creating a "semi-real-time" environment
- User friendly and customizable message system
- Involve yourself in colonization, exploration, trade and infrastructure, war, religion and diplomacy against players and computer alike!
- Up to 8 players in multiplayer games over LAN or the internet!