Crashed and alone on a world mankind tried to leave behind, Darkout challenges players to survive on Illuna, in harsh, procedurally generated biomes, utilizing the game’s sandbox features to build shelters, craft weapons, and research new technologies.
You are not alone. Light-sensitive creatures prowling the landscapes become most active at night and in a world shrouded by clouds the security of day will never come, instead, twilight periods allow players minor security to explore, rebuild, and gather resources.
Darkout’s deep history manifests itself through logs left behind by others, some recent, while others hearken back to long-extinct natives of Illuna, offering glimpses into what events led up to the pandemonium that now persists.
How will you survive?
Welcome to Darkout – Stage 1
What is stage 1?
Thanks to everyone’s feedback and a year of Beta the game is finally in a place which we can consider the base version of Darkout, Stage 1.
From this point on we will expand on the universe, Biomes, Gameplay, Items, etc.
We currently have 3 more Key stages planned and will reveal all the details of these plans as we develop the game further, not unlike our predecessors in the Sandbox genre.
In-between the stages we will also have some mini updates as needed :)
Stage 2 – 4 will contain
- More Story
- Why are you here and what is really going on? All this will be revealed as Each stage contains a new act for the storyline
- More Biomes
- Underwater Biome, Sky Base, Feral Jungle, etc
- An End Game
- Fix the Ship or Illuna? Only time will tell
- More enemies
- The Penguin Drones
- More bosses with each Stage
- Dead, alive, evil, good?
- Underground Bunkers / Labs
- Unique treasures, enemies, stories
- Sub, Mech, and?
- Weapons, Devices, rewards, achievements, etc!
- Alpha/Beta in Stage 2
- Beta to Completion in Stage 3