Blending story-based 2D platforming with the inventory management and interesting characters of a traditional RPG, Dad Quest is set within a universe where children are indestructible weapons. Dads strive to raise their Child by teaching them new skills and providing toys deadly to their enemies.
Meet other Dads, vanquish enemies, pay off debts, and engage in deadly combat via sanctioned arena fights. Embark on the Dadventure of a lifetime!
In this universe the word ‘Dad’ is not gender specific and is a title taken by those who love their children. In this universe, children are indestructible, they do not feel pain and they do not grow old in the traditional sense. The Dad must raise the Child in the best way they can to achieve the status of a ‘good dad’. They can do this by giving their children toys, increasing their level and finally completing the ‘Dad Quest’.
Children in this universe share a similar characteristic to our own. They can destroy nearly anything! TV remotes, lamps, vases and phones, no object is immune to the destructive tendencies of a Child in any universe. Unlike our own universe, the child is indestructible, unable to be killed or suffer any damage.
However, Dads have money to buy toys with… they are also able to activate a Child’s special skills, which range from stunning enemies, phasing through clusters of enemies and extending their height to attack distant enemies via melee. Isolated, the Child and the Dad will be vulnerable, but together they can achieve anything.
- Beautiful pixel graphic platformer
- Unique story-based comedy adventure
- Play as a male or female Dad
- Equip your child with toys to learn new abilities
- Talk to other Dads and compelling NPCs
- Take on crippling debt
- Chiptune-style soundtrack
Chapter 2 Additions
- 2 hours+ of new content following the narrative of the player taking on the Dad Quest
- Dress up your child in brand new cosmetic outfits from top hats to gladiator armour
- 7+ Side Quests have been added! Feed eggs to hungry children, converse with the trash king and pay your taxes!
- New toys to equip to your child, from Rubber Bands to toy cars which give your child special properties when attacking enemies.
- New music
- New Dads to interact with that will share lore, fix items and offer side quests
- New Dad skills to learn
- New skills for your child to learn
- New boss battles
- New enemies
- New environments to explore
- New shops
Excalibur Publishing © 2017 - All rights reserved
Sundae Month © 2017 - All rights reserved