Joined 26th Jan 2007
Europa Universalis III delves deeply into the areas of exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy. This epic strategy game lets players take control of a nation and guide it through the ages to become a great global empire. Unparalleled in its depth and historical accuracy, Europa Universalis III gives the player unprecedented freedom in how they choose to rule their nation from an impressive choice of over 250 historically accurate countries.
The multiplayer key (cd key) will be available in your MY GAMES section upon purchase.
Paradox Interactive updates can be used with this download version of the game as well.
• Players can enjoy over 300 years of game play by starting at ANY date between 1453 and 1789. • Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and much more. The possibilities are endless. • The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Take history in your hands and call personalities like Sir Isaac Newton, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or René Descartes to your court. • A lush topographic map in full 3D allows for a rich and complete world view, and contains more than 1700 provinces and sea zones. • Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span. • Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal. • Manage more than 100 individual unit troops to secure as much power as possible. • Co-operative multiplayer mode allows several players to work together to controla single nation. • Customize your game: Europa Universalis III gives you the chance to customizeand mod practically anything your heart may desire.Join the constantly growing and incredibly talented Paradox modding community!
Computer Gaming World
"Start anywhere you like across the breadth of the planet. If 250 countries sounds cramping (for some insanely masochistic reason), how about 1,700 individually conquerable provinces and sea zones?"
GameSpot"...the game's streamlined interface and in-game help options should be more accessible to new players, while the highly open-ended, historical campaign structure may just swallow expert players whole for countless hours."
- 1.9GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent with 512MB RAM
- (1.0GB RAM is highly recommended)
- 128MB Video Card with Hardware T&L and support for Pixelshader 2.0 or better
- DirectX7 compatible sound card
- CD-ROM drive
- Windows-compatible mouse; Mouse with scroll wheel highly recommended
- At least 1GB of free hard drive space to accommodate game files and saved games. This does not include any space used by the Windows« swap file.
- High-speed Modem connection is required for multiplayer games
- Windows« 2000 (with Service pack 1 or higher) or Windows« XP (Home/Professional/Media Edition) with Service Pack 2