- Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
- Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection is the original Sword of the Stars games and the three expansions Born of Blood, A Murder of Crows and Argos Naval Yard.
It is the year 2405, and human scientists have discovered a new technology that allows travel from star to star at speeds faster than light. But tragedy strikes, as Earth is ravaged by an alien force. The dawning of a new era was stymied by a grim, new reality...
NEW EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
- 3 new multiplayer galaxy maps - Sinusoid, Helix, and Mountain
- 1 new scenario, "The Antiquarians"
- 6 new player avatars, one per race
- Additional loading splash screens, detailing more of the SotS universe
Sword of the Stars:
- 4 distinct races - Human, Hiver, Tarkas and Liir
- A powerful state of the art engine delivers breathtaking graphics and robust game play
- Each race has a unique mode of transport between star systems, creating very different styles of play
- Over 150 distinct technologies to research on a dynamic tech tree
- Over 40 weapons from six different weapon classes
- Players can design and build ships from three size classes - Destroyer, Cruiser, and Dreadnought
- Up to 8 players can play against the AI and one another over LAN or online
- Choose from a variety of scenario campaigns to play alone or with friends
Born of Blood:
- Play as the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand-new ship sections and their unique drive system – the Tunnel Drive
- Over 25 additional technologies
- 15 more weapons you can add to your ship designs
- New ship sections for the original four races, including: War, Projector, Boarding, and a new type of defense satellite – the Torpedo Defense Platform
- 4 additional galactic encounters, a new grand menace, plus 3 unique scenarios and 6 original maps
- New game features, including Slavery, Trade Routes, and Diplomatic Communications
A Murder of Crows:
- A New Sixth race – The Morrigi
- New Ship Sections - Over a dozen new ship sections
- Unique ‘Grav Flock’ Drive System for Morrigi
- 15 new weapons
- 27 new technologies and the new Xeno-Cultural and Drones tech tree
- Drone carrying ships in all three size classes
- Construction ships, a variety of orbital stations, spy ships, police cutters, and more
- A whole new set of GUI enhancements and additions
Argos Naval Yard
- 19 new technologies
- Over 75 new ship section to build
- 10 new weapons / 3 New Scenarios
- Single Player / Multi-player with co-op scenario maps
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter is the full stand-alone follow-up to the hit 4X-styled Sword of the Stars franchise. The continuing storyline will reveal the dark secrets of the ancient force responsible for tampering with the races in the original Sword of the Stars. Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter will be a major step forward in 4X gameplay, taking the easy-to-learn-but-hard-to-master
- Lead one of six playable factions, including a completely new one, as you strive for galactic dominance.
- Unravel highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts, and different space terrain.
- Experience the new graphics engine.
- Choose between entirely new vessels, or build your own with new levels of ship detail, including specific sub-systems, allowing for new fleet strategies and tactics.
- Explore an advanced technology system as the game begins in the Fusion era and moves beyond the Anti-matter era.
- Randomizing options in technology removes the unavoidable “optimal path” making the game more replayable
- Command your empire by exploring new solar systems, improving diplomatic relations or destroying a race
- Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players.