Includes Hearts of Iron II plus the two expansions, Doomsday and Armageddon.
Hearts of Iron 2 is the sequel to the most appreciated World War II PC game of true Grand Strategic scope ever made. As in its forbear, the map spans the entire world and allows you to play one of over 175 countries during the course of World War II. The game is completely revised with an updated combat system, a new map, revised and easy-to-use interface, new technology tree and hundreds of other updates and improvements.
- Re-designed user interface enhancing the player experience as well as deepening the gameplay.
- Detailed diplomacy and production systems with help functions to avoid micromanagement.
- "Movement-is-attack" combat system making warfare more realistic.
- Mission-based Air and Naval system, giving options for logistical strikes and targeted bombing.
- New political system with possibilities to change the political base of your country during the war.
- 15 battle scenarios optimized for an evening or two for gaming. Historical scenarios like Case White, Operation Barbarossa and alternative history scenarios like Operation Watchtower and Case Green are included in the game.
- Co-operative multiplayer, enabling players to share the same country while playing.
Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday
As the German war machine falls, two great nations rise to claim power. In the West, there is the United States, leader of the allied nations, and in the East lies the Soviet Union under communist rule. As both nations attempt to claim superiority, a new war is waiting around the corner; this time, the conflict will decide who will be the remaining superpower.
Play as the ruler of one of 175 countries through World Wars II and III. As the Allies and the Soviet Union clash in Europe, the fate of the world hangs in the balance.
- Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday includes the original game and improvements requested from the previous title’s worldwide audience.
- World War III – Decide the remaining superpower to claim domination in world politics and warfare.
- Expanded tech trees with considerable detail in a new decade of warfare, allowing you to develop tactical nukes and other kinds of nuclear warfare as well as escort carriers and much more.
- Improved Diplomatic/Intelligence System reflects the increased political tension of the 1950s.
- Significantly improved AI.
- Tradeable Weapons – Equip your allies with the latest technological advances or get other nations to surrender their secrets to you.
- Complete scenario editor.
Hearts of Iron 2 Armageddon
This download only product picks up where Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday left
off. Smaller in size and substantially smaller in price, Armageddon will
include two completely new alternative history scenarios, perfect for those
looking for new challenges! The scenarios will also have variable end dates
and in addition to a variety of new game options, gamers will find new
- New attachments for Naval units; do you scrap or upgrade those old ships
- Land units can now be built with brigades already attached.
- An Air Naval combat system that radically alters the combat balance
- New damage algorithms for the Air combat system, making organization more
- important and allowing air units to fight longer.