The Geneforge saga is one of the great tales of Indie gaming. Spanning five games over eight years, it is the epic and innovative tale of a desperate rebellion against overwhelming odds. The Geneforge games feature a unique, almost completely open-ended system. You can help (or fight) the Rebellion on its path to victory (or defeat). And, whatever path you choose, you can follow it with your own horde of deadly, custom-made mutant monsters.
You are a Shaper. You have the power to create life. You can make living tools that obey your commands, plants that can flourish in the harshest wasteland, and powerful monsters that can crush all who oppose you. The Shapers ruled the known lands, and any who rebel or try to learn their magical secrets are destroyed.
For centuries, your world feared and respected the Shapers above all others. Their creations could go everywhere, do anything, all according to the wishes of the Shapers and no others.
But the creations of the Shapers are tired of their endless servitude. They long to ally with humans jealous of their masters, seek the secrets of the Shapers, and create their own armies. From humble beginnings in remote wastelands, their rebellion will grow into a force that will ravage the world.
The two sides are so delicately balanced that one brave warrior can turn the tide. Will you help the rebels overthrow the Shapers? Will you help the Shapers regain their power, tempted by the incredible rewards they offer? You can help the rebellion, or you can crush it. Which side will you choose?
The Geneforge games are truly innovative in their open-endedness. You can fight alone or create an army of beasts to follow you. Defeat your foes with battle or with stealth, diplomacy, and cunning. Help the so-called “bad guys” or join them. Whatever path you follow, the Geneforge saga offers many, many hours of action and adventure.
- Five full-length, epic, Indie fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
- Choose among several sides, each with its own beliefs, cities, and quests. Help the rebels or fight them. Your choices will shape the world.
- Dozens of different endings.
- Many paths to victory. Slay your enemies or use stealth and diplomacy to outwit them. Become engrossed in the storyline or just go out and wreak havoc.
- Create your own army of mutant monsters, or master four schools of magical spells.
- Seek hundreds of magical artifacts. Use enchanted crystals to make your weapons more powerful, or seek rare components that can be crafted into mighty artifacts.