- A Valley Without Wind 1
- A Valley Without Wind 2
- A Valley Without Wind 2 Enhanced Edition Soundtrack
A Valley Without Wind
A 2D sidescroller without a linear path. An action game with tactical combat and citybuilding. An adventure game that lets you free-roam a vast, procedurally-generated world. A Valley Without Wind defies genre stereotypes. Unlike other procedurally-generated games, you also get a logical progression in difficulty, plus helpful tips and checklists to guide your travels (should you need them).
Choose for yourself how to prepare to face the vastly stronger Overlord. Complete a variety of missions to earn new spells, and/or roam the wilds to uncover secret missions and stashes of magical crafting loot. Customize your characters with unique combinations of enchants and spells that change how you move, jump, and fight. Or rescue people and bring them back to your settlement so that they can then be sent on dispatch missions; you don't have to carry the burden of your fledgling civilization alone!
You choose how to play, and the world adapts around you.
- Travel alone or with friends across an ever-expanding world of dangerous creatures, powerful magic, high technology, and mysteries.
- You have choice. The world of Environ is procedurally generated, and lets you go anywhere you see -- including right into the overlord's keep at any time. (Good luck with that.)
- Environ is endless. When you save one continent from an overlord, a larger and more complex continent appears.
- The game adapts to how you play: as you demonstrate your proficiency, monsters and missions upgrade accordingly. Killed 100 bats? Okay, time for... bats on fire!
- Crazy amounts of character customization. Combine a multitude of spells, enchants, and equipment to create specialized character builds.
- Play as a long line of brave adventurers. It's not a question of IF your character is going to die, but WHEN. Any character that dies is permanently lost, but you keep all your inventory, enchants, and general progress in the game.
- Become a community leader. Rescue NPCs for your settlement, construct buildings for them, and improve their skill and mood -- then send them on dispatch missions to help you in return!
- Be a clever problem-solver. Challenges have more than one solution, each with its own pros and cons. You get to figure things out rather than just jumping through a set of hoops.
- Difficulty levels give exactly the challenge you want, from casual to hardcore on platforming, combat, and citybuilding independently.
- All owners of Valley 1 also get the much-improved sequel absolutely free! Valley 2 is out now, and features a different style of more-focused, non-sandbox play. Both games are quite distinct from one another, but you don’t have to choose between them -- both are yours for the price of one!
A Valley Without Wind 2
About the Game
A modern take on the 16-bit era, A Valley Without Wind 2 blends a variety of mechanics across multiple genres, seamlessly bringing together the best qualities of old-school platform-shooters and turn-based strategy games. You choose how and where to explore via the world map, how to upgrade your character via mage classes, feats, and perks that you unlock, and how to battle the forces of evil every step of the way.
Your character is a mage who has infiltrated the inner circle of the evil Demonaica, and you now share the power of immortality that he uses to terrorize the land. Using this power against him, it's time to lead an uprising and ultimately bring him and his henchmen back to mortality so that they can be dispatched.
Gameplay alternates between two modes that complement each other: brief, tightly-designed platforming segments where your character customization and equipment can be tuned to meet the tactical needs of the current stage; and quick strategic turns on the world map where you order your troops to fight, scavenge, build, recruit, farm, and use special powers. Demonaica and his armies pursue your forces directly on the world map, while his five henchmen have been sent to recapture you in the platforming segments.
Your immortality came at great personal cost, but it makes you the one last hope of saving the world from darkness.
- Platforming and Turn-Based Strategy Coupled Together: Flip back and forth between your own adventure, and the progress of the resistance you're in charge of. Freely adjust difficulty levels for both to tailor the experience to your own personal playstyle. Both sides of the game can be quite easy or incredibly hard.
- More Tactile Combat: The physics of movement and attacks have been completely redone from the first title, with more traditional gamepad and keyboard support. Spells have mass and can block each other, leading to many interesting tactical situations in the platforming segments.
- Vastly Improved Visuals: Fully redone artwork by Heavy Cat Studios, including 125 all-new monsters, 200 spells, and lots more.
- Focused Gameplay Arc: Unlike the endless sandbox-style first game, this complete re-imagining has a distinct beginning, middle, and end.
- Procedurally Generated Worlds: Each world is a unique challenge, leading to excellent replay value once you do beat the game!
- Co-Op Multiplayer: Bring along as many friends as you like on your journey, depending on your connection speed. 2-8 players recommended on most Internet connections; many more on LAN.
- See Just How Deep An Arcen-style Rabbit-Hole Goes: After dozens of hours you still haven't seen it all: 50 mage classes in 5 tiers, 200 spells, 125 enemies, 14 biomes, 100+ types of world map tiles, 64 character customization perks, 100ks of procedural equipment possibilities.
- Extra Challenges For Expert Players: String together flawless kills to earn "concentration" and become even stronger. Beat the game on harder difficulties to earn rare achievements.
- Get The Original Game For Free! The original game was unique and experimental, and it comes included absolutely free when you buy the sequel.