World in Conflict Complete includes both the Original and the new expansion Soviet Assault.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault is a true genre-bender - merging elements of strategy, first-person-shooter and action games - that effectively carves out a new "Action-Strategy" genre in gaming - a genre that has proven to appeal to all kinds of gamers, from action junkies to first-person-shooter enthusiasts to strategy purists.
This unique cross-genre design and universal appeal is what led global media to make World in Conflict the most critically lauded strategy game of 2007. The game swept the "Best Strategy" awards during E3 2007, claimed countless "Editor's Choice" commendations from the world?s top reviewers, and was the clear choice as "Best Strategy Game of 2007" during the end of year awards season.
World in Conflict: Soviet Assault promises to pick up where the original title left off, bringing more of the best to PC gamers around the world.
- New Single-Player Campaign: For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault continues the franchise's tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and unbelievable, cinematic storytelling methods.
- More of the Best Strategy Multiplayer: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault's award-winning multiplayer modes get all new content updates and will support head-to-head and team-based battles in Domination, Tug-of-War and Assault.
- Action-Focused Gameplay: The game?s unique design removes base-building, resource gathering and ?tech trees? in favor of fast, hard-hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions ? much like an FPS ? creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
- Player Roles: Players will play as Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air specialists; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
- Bleeding-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive?s proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, utilizes the latest DX10 technology, and allows for full 360-degree camera control.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as every object ? houses, trees and more -- crumbles under the force of war.
- Accessibility: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault's design, control scheme and free 3D camera make its action-strategy gameplay accessible to traditional strategy fans as well as fans of other genres, like action and FPS, who are looking for something new.