IMPORTANT: use the attached USC_0_9_5_0_Setup to install the latest version!
This is the Beta 3 version of the game, featuring the fully playable and balanced Single Mission and Defend the Base! game modes and network play functions. The Campaign will be available later, but you can already have progress with your customized squads by collecting materials and prototypes.
Free updates will be made available frequently at http://www.creatio49.com/usc/page_patches.php.
Ultimate Space Commando (USC) is an old-school turn-based strategy game that focuses on actual field tactics as a small group of elite commandos become engaged in a deadly conflict with a yet unknown, but rather ravenous species of aliens. Make relevant strategic choices, develop tactics and equip your soldiers as you see fit, try to survive and give the aliens hell in the single-player Campaign. Build and customize 4-man squads to play various Single Missions, Scenarios and Defend the Base! actions alone or in a hot-seat or TCP/IP multiplayer session with up to four players, either man vs. aliens, man vs. man or even mixed, with various objectives, official scoring system, and much more. A full-fledged and truly Random Map Generator makes every mission you play unique and challenging.
USC is designed to be an easy to pick up, but hard to master, and in general, a very difficult game. There are a few lower difficulty levels for casual players and starters, but the real action begins on the higher ones! Completing the Campaign or any mission on a standard difficulty level requires sophisticated and well-adapted tactics, especially if you aim to be the best in the online competitions!
- Fully randomized maps (even in the Campaign to some extent) in three different environments (base, mines, outdoors). Still, you can use seed numbers to share your experience with your friends or to replay the best actions!
- Fully destructible and manipulable combat environment with interactive, strategically important objects (such as safety doors or different types of crates).
- Customizable Single Missions, plus Scenarios and a base building-defending game mode, all available in single-player, hot-seat or TCP/IP multiplayer mode!
- Strong, story-driven Campaign mode with difficult choices and really tough battles.
- Plausible combat system with 4 major properties (Health, Morale, Armor, Action Points) and 9 attributes, and a detailed weapon system (impact force, armor penetration etc.)
- RPG-style unit management (skill points, specializations, inventory, statistics).
- Squads can be customized, saved and improved with every mission by finding crafting materials and blueprints.
- Five different aliens all with their special attributes, plus champion and alpha bosses with unique abilities!
- Zhe Wunderwurm! ;-)
- 18 different weapons and various ammo types, each with preferrable combat attributes and also disadvantages, some with unique properties; its completely up to you how you build up your tactics!
- A lot of useful gadgets and equipment to support your squad with, including first-aid kits, stimulants, grenades, weapon mods, and even a placeable turret!
- And the model RD-1 Rubber Ducky, of course!
- Crafting system: materials can be salvaged from various map elements, and be used to make even more special items available via crafting only.
- Weapon prototypes: higher difficulty levels may surprise you with blueprints that can be used to craft special versions of your favorite weapons--at a price.
- A circuit-cracking logical mini-game embedded into the main action.
Ultimate Space Commando (C) Copyright 2013 Creatio 49 & Aliza Wenders