Please note that from July 1st 2014 the multiplayer functionality and any ‘online’ saved games associated to Microsoft Live accounts for ‘Universe at War’, will no longer be accessible. From July 1st 2014 users will still be able to create an ‘offline’ user account and associate new saves to this account.
Universe at War: Earth Assault is the next sci-fi real-time strategy game from Petroglyph, the award-winning studio comprised of team members that developed the original Command & Conquer and C&C: Red Alert. The latest strategy game from these RTS pioneers features unprecedented levels of customization and an epic storyline set on near-future Earth.
Powerful forces from across the universe have brought war to our planet. In Universe at War, you take command of several unique factions with awesome powers and spectacular units. Control massive-scale alien war machines that are fully customizable. With "Tactical Dynamics," Universe at War's on-the-fly customization system, you can dynamically swap out weaponry, rework your tech tree, and retrain units in the middle of combat to thwart your foe and seize the advantage.
Universe at War features large-scale environmental destruction in a persistent world - level a city and when you come back, the area will still be a smoking ruin. Here, though, the environments you fight for are close to home, as you wage war across familiar Earth cities and landmarks.
Universe at War also introduces numerous innovative new multiplayer features inspired by today's top MMOs and competitive online games, giving players achievements, rewards, and medals in a balanced environment with intelligent matchmaking.
• Unprecedented unit and faction customization give players the ability to change units and research in the middle of combat to overcome any challenge
• Unique multiplayer achievements that improve players' online avatars
• Unique multiplayer game modes
• Environmental destruction and manipulation in a persistent world
• Dual-layered gameplay featuring intense tactical battles and a strategic global mode where players manage resources, consolidate territories, and maneuver armies
• Real-world, modern-day environments
• Three unique factions with different play styles and abilities
• Special hero units with unique abilities
• Massive-scale units that dwarf conventional RTS units
• On-demand UI that doesn't clutter your view of the battle
• Developed by Petroglyph, makers of Star Wars: Empire at War.