Swords and Sorcery - Underworld is a party-based, first person view role-playing game with turn-based combat and a square grid 3D environment. The art was made by a professional comics illustrator.
Abstract yet deeply tactical combat, with distance and timing management. Your characters can evade or enter the melee, wait and take their turn a little later, hide, order the group forward or back. Many combat options will depend on positionning choices you make.
- Characters will develop a variety of abilities and strengths that depend on their class. Knights, for instance, learn Ambidextria, Powerhouse and Berserk as they develop.
- 40 spells (Priest and Sorcerer, outdoor and indoor, combat and non-combat).
- Over 100 illustrated enemies, many of which have one or two special abilities that offer varied challenges. Some, for instance will summon new enemies. Some will throw bombs, turn characters to stone or lock them in an inferno until the battle ends... If they survive that long...
- 250 items, many with magical or otherwise valuable properties.
- Three towns to discover and travel back to for food, equipment, healing and other services offered by NPCs.
- Many unique NPCs that will offer quests, help your party gain in strength, guide you or deceive you.
- Traps, puzzles, slides and teleports add a variety of non-combat challenges. Puzzles are largely integrated in your interaction with the game world.
- Dynamic world map illustrates 20 levels as they are discovered.
- 40 fullscreen story illustrations.
- Find books to read that contain clues for quests and flesh out the backstory.
- A bestiary allows you to collect notes on monsters containing clues for quests and indications as to how to defeat the monster described.