Star Sentinel Tactics is a turn-based tactics game that puts you in command of a squad of elite United Alliance marines - aka the Star Sentinels - as they battle to stop a race of bloodthirsty reptilians launching a devastating attack on our Galaxy. Along the way you'll encounter giant mechs, rotting zombies, mutants and a host of other foes, all intent on your destruction.
Star Sentinel Tactics takes the classic turn-based tactical combat of classic 2D turn-based strategy games, and brings it back up to date with beautiful 3D graphics, realistic line-of-sight, an engaging story, and an array of new weapons and enemies. This is 100% pure tactical combat, with no base-building, no research trees, no resource management and no strategic planning and absolutely no random encounters.
- 28 hand-crafted missions, requiring a wide range of tactical approaches. Use stealth, provide cover fire, snipe, set up ambushes, hold strategic positions, rescue fallen comrades or just go for an all out brute force attack.
- An engaging storyline, sharp dialogue and a cast of compelling characters. Or, if you prefer, just skip all the talking and get on with the tactical action.
- Complex scripted AI opponents who will try to pin you down, snipe you, ambush you, flush you out or just come in all guns blazing.
- Dozens of different weapons to utilize, including handguns, rifles, shotguns, assault rifles, grenades, melee weapons and a range of laser and plasma weaponry.
- Fully moddable game engine, allowing almost everything to be edited with basic knowledge of XML and Lua. Create your own missions or modify existing ones. Create new weapons, new enemies or allies. Write your own scripted cutscenes. Write your own AI scripts for enemies. Full access to the game engine, and the same tools used to create the game. Modify graphics, lighting, materials and textures, or add your own.