By the year 2500, Earth had become toxic and unsafe for human life. Pollution and overpopulation had ravaged the planet, forcing humanity to the stars. Colonies and settlements soon sprung up across the solar system, but man had not left its thirst for war behind. Suit up and take on the role of the Lieutenant Commander, ace fighter pilot and 2nd in command of the UCS Atlas, as you search for a new home, battle a mysterious enemy, and rescue humanity from a fiery end.
Built by a team of six indie developers in Austin, TX, SOL has been hailed by the Escapist as a “solid” game that “revitalizes a defunct genre”, praised by MMGN, who called it “a triumph for indie games everywhere” and lauded by Destructoid for “a superlative amount of content and refinement compared to many so-called ‘triple-A’ productions that sell for six times that amount”.
- Experience an action space shooter like no other with Unreal™-powered visuals.
- Immerse yourself in the third dimension like never before with the first game to bring the RealD™ 3D cinema experience home
- Eight epic missions take you across breathtaking landmarks of our solar system, including Pluto, Neptune, Triton, Uranus, Saturn, and Titan.
- Utilize the advanced weaponry of your UCS HADES space fighter, including dual gatling guns, tracking missiles and MAG cannon.
- Engage a variety of enemy fighters, bombers, drones and more as you protect civilian transports and defend installations from attack.
- Take down massive capital ships by hacking into them and revealing their weak points or turning their weapons on one another.
- Learn the origins of your shadowy foes as the plot unfolds through full voice-acted dialogue
- Replay missions to earn higher ranks and perform heroic actions to earn upgrade points which can be used to improve your fighter.
- Fully remappable controls support USB gamepads, joysticks, and mouse/keyboard control schemes.