WWII Global Conflict is the fourth, newest - and biggest yet - game in the award winning Strategic Command series. WWII Global Conflict is a standalone new game and does not require any of the previous titles to play.
For the first time, players will be able to wage World War II across the massive expanse of the entire planet. From battles in Europe and North Africa all the way to Asia and the Pacific, WWII Global Conflict features the largest map yet (16896 tiles, or 256x64), but in fact it allows players to create maps of up to 131,072 (!!) tiles (512x256) in the map editor!
Command the forces of 6 major and 58 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modeled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavor and replayability, over 200 different in-game events are now depicted as well as over 50 different decision events that guarantee a unique experience each time the game is played, including:
- Would you as the British Government so desperately need Destroyers against German U-Boats that you would give several naval bases to the USA?
- Could Franco be convinced to join the Axis if enough monetary and territorial concessions were offered?
- Would you as the Allies work to support and finance a coup in Yugoslavia to break its inclusion within the Axis Tripartite Pact? Would it be worth the effort and cost?
- How should Japan react to the crippling US embargo depriving it of its much needed resources to carry on her war with China?
- and much, much more...
Of course WWII Global Conflict isn't just bigger, its also better! All new gameplay advancements are being included to help model the unique nature of World War II on a global scale. Improvements are being made across the board including an all new War Mobilization and Belligerence setting that allows WWII Global Conflict to properly model the complex war situations that existed throughout the conflict. Now, and for the first time in the series, Germany can be at war with all of the Allied powers while Japan may only be at war with China and the UK. Additionally each individual major can control who it declares war upon allowing for historical accuracy such as Japan declaring war on the US only when it is ready to strike at Pearl Harbor and the USSR to declare war on Japan later in the war when it is finally pushing Germany back to Berlin.
As with all of the previous Strategic Command games, WWII Global Conflict comes with a full Game Editor that allows you to modify or create your own all new scenarios, campaigns and maps. To assist with that, the full range of terrain tile types and resources are available including Western, European, Asian, Tropical and Pacific Island themed villages, cities, capitals, jungles, mountains, marsh and hills.
When you grow tired of playing against the award winning AI, full multiplayer support is included for Hotseat, E-Mail and Network play. WWII Global Conflict includes all the other enhancements and gameplay improvements introduced since Strategic Command was originally released including all the road, rail, weather, unit, combat and AI enhancements.
WWII Global Conflict brings home to you the sheer scope and scale of this epic Global struggle utilizing the gaming system you already know and love!
New Country List (Majors)
New Country List (Minors)
- Baltic States
- Brunei (Br.)
- Burma (Br.)
- Dutch East Indies
- French Equatorial Africa
- Egypt (Br.)
- Hong Kong (Br.)
- Indochina (Fr.
- Iraq (Br.)
- New Zealand
- Polynesia (Fr.)
- Rhodesia (Br.)
- Philippines (US.)
- Malaya (Br.)
- Solomons (Br.)
- South Africa (Br.)
- Sudan (Br.)
- Vichy France
- West Africa (Fr.)
- India (Br.)
- New War Mobilization and Belligerence setting allowing for the full spectrum of political and war situations that existed during World War II within a global context
- New War Map that can be zoomed in and out with full control for each major country with respect to whom they wish to declare war upon
- New Decision Event setting that can ask the player if they wish to spend MPPs in order to achieve the desired result
- New Surface Raiders as well as a Port Blockade feature that can be modeled using Supply Events
- Several new unit sprite graphics and sounds including Katusha Rocket trucks for the USSR
- 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of the entire world and up to 131,072 tiles (512x256)
- 64 countries (6 major and 58 minor belligerents)
- 20 unit types with up to 30 different unit characteristics
- Over 200 different in-game events as well as over 50 decision events including the US embargo on Japan as well as the UK-US Destroyers for Bases Agreement
- Critically acclaimed AI engine
- Fog of War, Weather, Roads, Rail and Convoy Routing and an all new Surface Raiding capability all modeled
Strategic Command Global Conflict supports widescreen and native resolutions.