Vae Victis is the expansion for the Grand Strategy title Europa Universalis Rome
- The dynamics of the characters that live in the Republic will come to life
as the men and women have their own personal goals and agendas, which are
often in conflict with each other. Will you be able to manage these wilful
- As a Republic you will now need to take the Senate into the account.
Characters will belong to various parties depending on their goals, values
and ambition. The Senate will pass laws, which will allow or disallow
certain country actions.
- Making sure that the party in power backs your own goals, adds another
strategic element to game play.
- Monarchies and Tribes will have their own courts, beware of bootlickers
and sycophants who will stop at nothing to replace your divinely appointed
ruler with themselves.
- "Carthago Delenda Est". Senators will cry out and charge players to perform
their duties. Now the Senate or a religious power can give players missions
to fulfil, guiding the player through ambitions to experience a rich and
- Mobilize the Senate to back important laws such as 'Lex Gabinia' to fight
piracy or the 'Lex Acilia Repetundarum' to reduce corruption. Players can
also enact decisions at various levels, working with regional governors to
grant citizenships to a region or a province.
- Completely revised military AI, particularly in the area of military
campaigns. Will benefit experienced players in particular.
- An overhauled interface making the information more easily accessible for
both new and advanced players.