Legio is a turn-based strategy game for one to two players. The game takes place in a mythical fantasy world where magicians, warriors and monsters battle for domination. Playing Legio is an intense experience, requiring careful strategic thinking, rewarding both courage and cleverness!
The game is a mix between chess and a turn-based war game. Both players control an equal army of characters, with the goal of eliminating the other player's army. Learning to play Legio is quite easy, but it is a great challenge to master all the various strategies.
- Legio is easy to learn but difficult to master. The rules of Legio allow for many different styles of play, from very aggressive strategies to strictly defensive play.
- Offers both single-player (vs. the computer) and two-player games (hotseat on the same PC, LAN, or Internet).
- Provides different game modes, from simple Player vs. Player challenges to full Elimination Tournaments.
- The Legio universe is an immersive fantasy world with a rich back story, populated by unique creatures and characters.
- Hundreds of unique animations for various attacks, mortal blows and other special moves.
- A dynamic music engine changes the musical theme to reflect the gameplay.
A game of Legio consists of two battles. The first takes place on the drawbridge, and the second inside one of the two castle battlegrounds.
As the game begins, players choose their castle battleground, and use 25 distribution points to build an army. The battle on the drawbridge then begins, and then the victor enters the loser’s castle battleground with his surviving characters.
Once inside the castle, each side receives an additional 25 points to set up a new army. In this second battle, the winner of the first has the advantage of keeping all his surviving characters. But then again, the loser of the first battle has set the battlefield…