It’s time to dust off the field marshal's baton and take command of any nation in World War II; the largest conflict in history. The first expansion to the critically acclaimed Hearts of Iron III lets you take charge - or delegate - at any level, from divison to nation, through a variety of scenarios. Guide your country to glory from 1936 to 1948: wage war on the battlefields, in the factories, and at the negotiating table, in the grandest of all World War II strategy games ever made.
- Players can now define their own Theatres with a simple dragbox system.
- The new Order of Battle Browser allows quick and easy reorganization of the entire Command Hierarchy.
- The Command Hierarchy is now directly represented on the map.
- A new Air Superiority map mode makes strategic air warfare easy.
- At game start, each country now gets to choose its own hidden Victory Conditions. Can your enemies guess your secret agenda?
- HQs under AI control now have separate aggressiveness stances for Land, Air and Naval operations.
- Countries can request specific actions from their allies for unprecedented cooperation.
- Technological progress can now be shared with your allies.
- Brigades can now be upgraded to more advanced types (e.g. Infantry to Motorized, or Artillery to Self Propelled Artillery.)
- New 1940 scenario fills a gap in the game's timeline.
- Hundreds of new events added to immerse players in their own versions of World War II, comparing the unfolding alternate timeline to real history.
- Mighty warships can be designated the Pride of the Fleet, which is both an opportunity and a risk.
- The AI has been improved in all areas, at all levels. It will defend in depth, marshal big naval taskforces and launch multi-stage invasions. It will perform more historical diplomacy and pursue a strategic production strategy.
- Multiplayer for up to 32 players