The mine valley of Khorinis. The glorious days of the once productive mines in this small seaside region were long over. Surrounded by the impenetrable magical barrier, the slaves eked out their miserable existence in this apparently natural prison.
One brave man managed to burst the bonds of imprisonment. Willing to do whatever was necessary, he went out to banish Evil and destroy the magical barrier forever. No one in Khorinis had been prepared for this. Too long had they lived under the deceptive notion of security granted by
the apparently indestructible magical dome. The small militia garrison could not put up enough forces against the onrush. After numerous bloody clashes, many captives successfully escaped and found safety in the woods and rugged mountains of the surrounding countryside. The steadily escalating number of raids in the vicinity of the town wall and the bandits' ever-increasing boldness seemed to paralyze the whole town. Khorinis is facing an uncertain future. Due to the farmers' decreasing production, more and more of the food deliveries do not take place, and
the stocks diminish continuously. The militia's might ends at the town gate. Outside the town wall, nobody is safe from the bandits' armed raids. There is war in Khorinis. A civil war.
But there is something else that could not be foreseen.Evil is not dead, rearing its ugly head again. But this time it is set on delivering the deathblow to humanity, and no one can stop it.
A massive fully 3D lush environment to explore
- · Gripping storyline continuing from the adventures of the first game yet able to be played and enjoyed by gamers who have not even seen the original Gothic
- Numerous ways to achieve quests giving huge replay value
- Players gain experience through using weapons and magic enabling them to become better at combat and spell casting
- Three different character guilds to join each with their own unique allies and enemies within the world and skills to enhance through practice
- Third-person view gives greater control over character movement and awareness of their environment