Galactic Civilizations III is the premier space strategy game. The latest installment of one of the highest-rated strategy series of all time, created by the original developers at Stardock, Galactic Civilizations III challenges players to build an empire that dominates the galaxy through conquest, diplomacy, cultural hegemony, or scientific research.
The stars are yours, if you can balance the demands of expansion, exploration, diplomacy, and all-but-inevitable galactic warfare. Careful strategy, not twitch reflexes, lead to victory in this turn-based strategy epic.
Online multiplayer comes to Galactic Civilizations for the first time in Galactic Civilizations III. Conquer the galaxy alongside your friends or battle for supremacy in titanic clashes.
Feature List (Beta 1)
- Conquer the stars – play as the Terran Alliance, Drengin Empire, Altarian Resistance, or Iridium Corporation
- Compete with friends – Up to 4-player online multiplayer for the first time in franchise history
- Explore random maps – Tiny/small/medium/large maps available, huge and immense still in development
- Colonize new worlds – Develop and terraform habitable planets into teeming tourist paradises, hellish forgeworlds, and anything in between
- Race-specific technology – Each race moves through the Ages of Expansion, War, and Ascension its own way
- Design your starfleet – Powerful ship designer lets players design ships from scratch or take advantage of pre-made blueprints
- Choose your ideology – Gain unique bonuses by following pragmatic, benevolent, or merciless paths
- Mine galactic resources – Miraculous materials like the antimatter around black-hole event horizons go into the construction of the most powerful warships
- Invade the enemy – Spread your empire across the galaxy through force (diplomatic, cultural, and scientific victory conditions still in development)
- Additional races – Play as the Yor Singularity, Thalan Contingency, Iconian Refuge, or Krynn Syndicate
- Choose your path – Dominate the galaxy through military force, diplomatic intrigue, cultural hegemony, or scientific research
- Reimagined combat – Set your strategy and watch titanic clashes between grand fleets unfold in real-time
- Diplomacy – Interact, trade with, and threaten other races to accomplish your goals
- Minor factions – Conquer or befriend races that don’t share your galactic ambitions
- Best-in-class AI – 64-bit game engine allows incredibly complex artificial intelligence routines, which grow smarter over time as the AI learns from every game it plays
- Single-player campaign – Continue the epic storyline of the Galactic Civilizations series
- And lots more!
© Stardock Entertainment. Galactic Civilizations is a registered trademark of Stardock Entertainment. All rights reserved.