“We have one chance. Find a strong place, and band together. Build our defenses. Gather supplies. Arm ourselves for the fight and save as many souls as we can. Take back our town, our lives, our world from the hungry dark.
That wave will break over this town like a tsunami and take the last of us with them… unless we fight back.”
Fort Zombie is a focused-scope, casual RPG title in which the game world revolves around a single building – your fort – and the mission specific chunks of the small town that surrounds it. Instead of a major city or a vast countryside, player’s focus their efforts on building up a single structure, finding and training survivors, and venturing out into town looking for supplies.
Targeted directly at the after-work gamer, with gameplay similar to Dungeon Master meets Fallout, players take control of a particular building in town, and begin gathering the supplies and survivors needed to build it up by day and help defend it by night.
- Choose one of three buildings – the school, the prison, and the police station – as your Fort Zombie, each one with its own strengths and weaknesses!
- Real time movement and combat keep the tensions level high while trying to achieve objectives before your characters run out of ammunition, food, or luck!
- Dozens of zombies, some with special abilities derived from their half-remembered lives before becoming undead!
- Piety, Indiana, a variable 3D town, created using Kerberos’ mix-and-match tile system, for maximum replayability. PhysX® engine adds to the mayhem!
- Dozens of town locations to search (stores, restaurants, gas stations, ruins, homes) and countless items to find and use in building up The Fort or building up your group characters (food, fuel, generators, tools, guns, etc.)
- “Collectible” NPC survivor-families give players surprising new abilities, but you have to find them all first!