East Side Story is the fourth game in the Carol Reed series. Like its predecessors, it is a first-person point-and-click adventure game.
On her fourth year in Sweden, Carol finally decides to take a long summer vacation, reading novels in her hammock. However, her vacation is soon interrupted when she receives a letter from a friend visiting Paris. The person he's traveling with has just gotten a message that a vagrant has been killed in his apartment, after sneaking in there to sleep. As he can't leave Paris at the moment, he has asked his friend to turn to Carol to find out the truth about the strange incident. Starting off with no clues at all, Carol is soon wrapped up in her longest and most complex case to date.
- 100% mouse driven point-and-click gameplay
- Subtitles for all spoken dialogue
- A multilayered mystery with psychological overtones
- Plenty of luminous environments and unusual characters
- The game can be saved and loaded at any time
- Engaging ambient music and sound