Dracula : Origin is the exciting new adventure game from Frogwares studio, the developers of the award-winning Sherlock Holmes series on PC.
Having stylishly blended H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythology with Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened, Frogwares is once again venturing into a disturbing and fantastic universe, the world of the Prince of Darkness, a world full of Gothic adventure, romance, mystery and terror.
Dracula : Origin reveals the dark origins of the Dracula curse. Once the ardent defender of Christendom, Dracula loses his faith in God when he is abandoned by his one true love after she marries. Dracula then makes a pact with the Prince of Darkness, and becomes a vampire.
As time goes by, Dracula discovers the existence of a manuscript that allegedly details a rite which brings damned souls back from the beyond. On the body of one of his last victims, Dracula finds the photograph of a pretty young woman, Mina, who looks so disconcertingly like his beloved one; he determines that her body would be the perfect host for the damned soul of the woman he worshipped.
In Dracula : Origin, the player takes the role of the famous Professor Van Helsing whose life’s aim is the destruction of Dracula. Van Helsing must stop the vampire from finding the manuscript. A rich adventure that takes him from London to Egypt, Austria and through Carpathian Europe right into the terrifying home of the Dark Prince.
Mysteries, enigmas, love, thrills and vampires…. Dracula : Origin offers an adventure that advances the genre in leaps and bounds with superb graphics and a solid story line. Made up of a subtle graphic mix of detailed 2D scenery and full 3D characters with a powerful sound track, the game brings to life the imaginary world of the original literary work by Bram Stoker. This new adventure game makes full use of the traditional vampire stories (horror, love, blood, crucifixes, stakes, garlic...) and the genre’s terrifying, Gothic, romantic and fantastic atmosphere
- A Gothic, romantic and fantastic atmosphere, true to the original as conjured up by Bram Stoker, providing a completely immersive adventure.
- A relentless hunt through several countries for one of the most terrifying characters in horror literature.
- A confrontation between 2 radically opposed heroes: Van Helsing, the spiritual hero, a sober scientist fighting the young and flamboyant Dracula, as inhuman as he is evil.
- Interact with over 40 characters. Use and combine more than 150 objects associated with the vampire-themed of the game (stake, statue, garlic, mirror...).
- Superb graphics mixed with 2D environments and 3D characters wrapped up in an excellent story line.
- Help system that shows the interactive possibilities (objects and actions) to help players in need.