NOTE: Door Kickers is currently in Alpha, playable but not finished yet. But our users and the press think its already very fun and addictive! And theres a lot of gameplay in 35 levels.
By buying the game now you will receive the current DRM-free version, future updates and the full game, upon its release, at a major price discount!
A Steam Activation Key is also included (but optional).
Door Kickers is an innovative realtime strategy game that puts you in charge of a SWAT team and lets you command them during a tactical intervention.
Analyze the situation, plan team routes, choose equipment and breach points and coordinate multiple troopers to reach the hostage room before the bad guys get to press that trigger.
It may sound daunting, and like real world CQB combat, it sure is. But most levels can be completed in minutes and on the fly improvisation works. Achieving the perfect planning, getting the mission done with no false steps, that’s a skill harder to master.
- 2D, Top Down for optimal tactical analysis
- Real Time With Free Pause
- No turns, no hexes, no action points or awkward interfaces
- Realistic but action packed
- Non-linear levels, freeform gameplay
- Mission editor and modability
- Unlimited gameplay via mission and campaign generators
- Single Player (but MP might come later)
What can you actually expect from the current version? Obviously some features are not yet implemented. There are also small bugs or gameplay tuning issues and you can say the experience is not yet final quality. We are releasing regular updates to the game and will do so throughout 2013, with an Estimated release of the final game in Q4 2013. Each update comes with new stuff, new toys, new levels.
Planned Key Features of Door Kickers:
- 6 controllable unit types, each with pros and cons over 10 enemy bad guy types, giving distinct challenges in firepower and behaviour customizable unit loadouts affecting their behaviour and abilities in the field level locations of all sizes and shapes, with infinite scenarios generated over them natural, easy to use context-sensitive interface clever AI that needs no babysitting
- Location and Mission Builder at your fingertips, with missions easy to share between players freeform gameplay supported by reactive AI, open structures and multiple gameplay options realistic tactical options such as door breaching, flash bangs, coordinated entries and sniper support
“Door Kickers is a very fun, very simple to pick up but difficult to master strategy with real time SWAT tactics.” GamersDissent about Alpha 4
“If you’re a fan of the SWAT games, Rainbow Six, Frozen Synapse, (...) then you’ve probably got Door Kickers pencilled in your diary, perhaps even accompanied by a couple of exclamation marks.” PC Gamer covers Alpha 3
“It’s a thing of beauty and manages to capture the planning and satisfying execution of more complex strategy games, as well as the gung-ho and the popping-off of growly man in military shooters. (...) It’s probably the best man-shootery game I’ve played in years.” Indie Statik on Alpha 3
Read more about the game at http://www.doorkickersgame.com