The Cold War Era isn't over, it's just beginning
Military might, stealthy spies, blatant propaganda, and high-tech Space Race marvels are all at war game lovers' fingertips when they choose to play as the U.S.A. or the U.S.S.R. and rewrite history in The Cold War Era.
TCWE is a P2P RTS strategy game based on the epic conflict between the Americans and the Soviets spanning the 1950s through the 1990s. Within one hour of gameplay players will course through four decades of contention, paranoia, secrecy, and the overarching "us vs. them" mentality.
Despite the complex themes encapsulated in TCWE's hour-long gameplay, Alina Digital's mission is to "minimize clicks per minute to maximize fun." The challenge in TCWE comes from a live opponent, not figuring out complex game controls. Here's what makes TCWE unlike any other war-based online strategy game:
- Play P2P and match wits against a human opponent, or battle in single-player mode against a crafty AI.
- Play any time against a live opponent via TCWE's game server.
- Immerse yourself in a realistic atmosphere that recreates the true Cold War.
- Choose your side and play as either the Americans or the Soviets to rewrite Cold War history.
- Install military units to prop up the local Allied government or transform rebels into revolutionaries in Opposing countries.
- Establish spy networks to support government propaganda campaigns or shake loose the Opposition's stronghold.
- Launch rockets, satellites and astronauts into space to shock and amaze the world and win their alliance.
- Devise your own strategies and tactics, forcing your opponent to play by your rules.
- Initiate pro-government parades or incite riots to plunge countries into chaos.
- Use time to your advantage -- each Cold War Era matchup only takes 1 hour to play, start to finish.
Keep on top of the game's goings-on by watching TCWE's unique in-game TV stream ( as free DLC mod ). This TV stream consists of real-life news footage shot during the Cold War era, edited to represent the players' in-game activities.
Relying on a clean and simple map-based game interface, TCWE is easy to play for gamers of all age and skill levels. Easy-to-read menus tell players about
Play P2P -- every game is a battle of wits between you and a live opponent.
Point and click -- easy-to-understand map and menus guide you through gameplay.
Players' Influence in each country and worldwide.
Watch events unfold -- TCWE's in-game TV stream is fully built in to the game program and won't clog your bandwidth ( as free DLC mod ).
Their Opponent's Influence in Influenced, Neutral and Opposing countries.
Number of military units stationed in each country.
Spy network status and propaganda campaign success.
Remaining budget, which determines what initiatives can be launched.
Space Race Milestone achievements, which help win global Influence.
Each country's score value, which is used to calculate a player's Budget.
Their Total Score as game events unfold.