Starting with the German invasion of Russia in 1941 through the 1945 storming of Berlin, the player is able to fight with historically accurate forces and equipment of 7 nations from the Black Sea in the South to the Arctic Circle in the north.
Experience combat in a full 3D battlefield as tracers arc overhead and exploding shells shake the earth! Feel the tremendous power of the feared Russian Katyusha rocket barrage! Order a tank hunter team to assault a heavy KV-1 with Panzerfausts and magnetic mines in the ruins of a shattered city! A modern hybrid turn-based/realtime system combines with 3D lines of sight, misidentification of targets, location by sound, advanced armor penetration systems, morale and leadership, fire and smoke, wind and weather – and much more to bring you unprecedented realism from the people who revolutionized the wargaming genre!
- Battle on the Eastern Front from Operation Barbarossa 1941 until VE Day 1945, from the Black Sea to the Arctic Circle
- Hi-res 3D graphics and dynamic stereo sound effects
- Operation maps up to 24 square kilometres in size (Battle maps 9 square km.)
- Unique Turn / Real time hybrid system - allows for detailed planning and exciting realtime action
- Internet / LAN / PBEM head to head play
- 7 nations – German, Soviet, Finnish, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian and Polish 300+ different tanks and vehicles
- 600+ other units
- 50 battle scenarios and 10 operations Quick Battle maker for unlimited computer made scenarios
- Full featured Map and Scenario Editor to create your own battles and operations Unparalleled realism and attention to detail
- Weather effects, air strikes and night combat