Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings is the first expansion pack for Civilization V - the critically acclaimed 2010 PC Game of the Year. This robust expansion covers the entire scope of time from founding your first Pantheon of the Gods and spreading religion across the world, to deploying your spies in enemy cities in order to steal information and technology. As you move through the ages, you’ll interact with new types of city-states, engage in new city-state quests and global competitions, and master exciting new systems for land and naval combat. Civilization V: Gods and Kings will also include nine new civilizations, nine new wonders, three original scenarios, and dozens of new
units, buildings, and techs that will offer even more ways for players to expand their empire and dominate the world.
- Expanded Epic Game: The core game experience has been greatly expanded. Additionally, there are even more new units and buildings included in the four new Scenarios for modders to use.
- New Civilizations: The expansion will deliver 9 new civilizations, such as Carthage, the Dutch, the Celts, and the Maya (it is 2012, after all), along with their unique traits, units and buildings. The expansion also includes 9 new leaders including William I, Prince of Orange, Boudicca and Pacal the Great.
- Religion: A righteous people will seek out Faith to found a Pantheon of the Gods. As your Faith becomes stronger, you can cultivate Great Prophets who build on these simple beliefs to create a religion that you can customize and enhance as desired.
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage: Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties (or clandestine operations). As the religions of the world start settling in, and the world moves into the Renaissance, you unlock your first spy (with more to come).
- City-States: Two new city-state types have been added (Mercantile and Religious) to bring all new advantages to the table. The city-state quest system has received a complete overhaul to decrease the importance of gold and add a whole range of new quests that further the narrative of the game.
- World Domination: The fight for world domination is now more dynamic than ever before. The Gods and Kings expansion features a reworked combat system and AI that puts more emphasis on a balanced army composition.
- Naval Combat: Your navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged. This means that no coastal city should be considered safe, and can now fall to a surprise naval attack.
- New Wonders: There will be 9 new Wonders with all new effects including Neuschwanstein, the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army, the Great Firewall, and the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Three new Scenarios: Medieval, Fall of Rome and Empires of the Smoky Skies
© 1991-2012 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by Firaxis Games. Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings, Sid Meier’s Civilization V, Civ, Civilization, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two interactive Software, Inc. Fork Copyright © 2012 Fork Particle, Inc. Rapid XML Copyright © 2006-2012 Marcin Kalicinski. Lua Copyright © 1994–2012 Lua.org, PUC-Rio. Uses Granny Animation. Copyright © 1999-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright © 1991-2012 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons or entities in the game’s historical setting.
Note: SID MEIER’S CIVILIZATION V BASE EDITION REQUIRED TO PLAY.
Internet Connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details