The Flagship Turn-Based Strategy Game Returns
Become Ruler of the World by establishing and leading a civilization from the dawn of man into the space age: Wage war, conduct diplomacy, discover new technologies, go head-to-head with some of history’s greatest leaders and build the most powerful empire the world has ever known.
- INVITING PRESENTATION: Jump right in and play at your own pace with an intuitive interface that eases new players into the game. Civ veterans will appreciate the depth, detail and control that are highlights of the series.
- BELIEVABLE WORLD: Ultra realistic graphics showcase lush landscapes for you to explore, battle over and claim as your own. Art deco influences abound in the menus and icons in the most well-designed Civ ever developed.
- COMMUNITY & MULTIPLAYER: Compete with Civ players all over the world or locally in LAN matches, mod* the game in unprecedented ways, and install mods directly from an in-game community hub without ever leaving the game. Civilization V brings community to the forefront.
- WIDE SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY: Civilization V operates on many different systems, from high end DX11 desktops to many laptops. Enjoy unlimited installations on multiple PCs with your Steam account and take your Civ V experience with you everywhere you go.
- ALL NEW FEATURES: A new hex-based gameplay grid opens up exciting new combat and build strategies. City States become a new resource in your diplomatic battleground. An improved diplomacy system allows you to negotiate with fully interactive leaders. Custom music scores and orchestral recordings give Civ V the level of polish and quality you expect from the series.
"Indisputably the best-looking turn-based strategy game ever made.”
93 out of 100, PC Gamer, Editor's Choice
“My number one most anticipated game. I will probably play Civ V for years.”
-- IGN, Best Strategy Game E3 2010
“Games like this remind us why it is still good to be a PC gamer.”
--Game Informer E3 2010: Best of PC, Best Strategy Game
“We won’t be reachable for at least a week after this game comes out. Sorry about that.”
-- Entertainment Weekly.com
“A continued commitment to the elements that make strategy gaming great.” – Gamespy E3 2010: PC Game of Show, Strategy Game of Show
© 1991-2010 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by Firaxis Games. Sid Meier's Civilization V, Civ, Civilization, 2K Games, Firaxis Games, Take-Two Interactive Software and their respective logos are all trademarks of Take-Two interactive Software, Inc. Fork Copyright © 2010 Fork Particle, Inc. Rapid XML Copyright © 2006-2010 Marcin Kalicinski. Lua Copyright © 1994-2010 Lua.org, PUC-Rio. Uses Granny Animation. Copyright © 1999-2010 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. Uses Miles Sound System. Copyright © 1991-2010 by RAD Game Tools, Inc. The ratings icon is a trademark of the Entertainment Software Association. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. The content of this videogame is fictional and is not intended to represent or depict an actual record of the events, persons or entities in the game's historical setting.