ArmA 2 paints a plausible near future. In 2009 the fictional post-soviet country of Chernarus is ravaged by civil war. For two crippling years, conflict has raged...
Players explore this volatile world with Force Recon Razor Team, part of a US Marine Corps Expeditionary Unit. The 27th MEU are deployed to Northern Chernarus on a peacekeeping mission with a mandate to prevent further civilian casualties and promote political stability.
ARMA 2 is based on the latest generation technology. It offers a uniquely vast game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and environment. The branching, player-driven campaign can be played solo, or cooperatively and is accompanied by a huge range of single and multiplayer game modes.
- Player-driven story: Role-playing and resource management elements. Command your troops through a branching campaign full of twists and surprises.
- Extensive multiplayer: Play the entire solo campaign cooperatively or dive into huge PvP battles for control of the whole map.
- Mission Editor: The Intuitive, powerful mission editor lets you design your own missions in minutes or create intricate and unique campaigns. Infinitely extend the game!
- Authentic weapon simulation: Bullet ballistics and deflection, material penetration, real-world magazine capacity, tracers, ammunition types and stopping power.
- Unique AI: No scripts, no pre defined pathways. AI adapt and use the open environment on the fly. AI share information, flanking and taking cover to surprise and outsmart players.
- Dynamic conversation system: ArmA 2 integrates preset conversations with dynamic queries about the game environment. Talk to soldiers in the field and civilians caught up in the fighting. Soldiers shout and use hand gestures based on real world military doctrine.
"THE MOST REALISTIC FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER ON THE PLANET" PC GAMER